Rthmessiah

TIFF 2014

Yes, I agree with you Dee about his other knowledge.  He even started talking to me about different Canadian provinces and their box office trends.  You have no idea how cool it is to hear someone from Australia educate you about the theatrical trends of Saskatchewan.  :)

• Like 5

We may have broken the first rule of meeting Rth and possibly even the second.  The first rule of meeting Rth is: You do not talk about meeting Rth. The second rule of meeting Rth is: You do not talk about meeting Rth.

• Like 9

BTW...RTH said that Rosewater brought the house down at TIFF last night.

Really? I thought it was a fairly generic for what it was (Another movie about a people peacefully fighting regimes and being in the wrong place at the wrong time). 

I think it's just another horrible example of topic reviews - if the topic is important, touching and up to date people review the movie positively, even if the movie itself isn't very different from many other movies like it. 

From this year I still think Nightcrawler is the best movie of the bunch. I'd even go as far as to call it this generation's Fight Club.

Edited by norbar
  • Like 1

Really? I thought it was a fairly generic for what it was (Another movie about a people peacefully fighting regimes and being in the wrong place at the wrong time). I think it's just another horrible example of topic reviews - if the topic is important, touching and up to date people review the movie positively, even if the movie itself isn't very different from many other movies like it. From this year I still think Nightcrawler is the best movie of the bunch. I'd even go as far as to call it this generation's Fight Club.

Agree what you say about another movie but thought it was quite good well done,Aud at public session I went to loved it, it also had excellect reaction and standing ovations at Telluride.Nightcrawler yep definetly a fav.
  • Like 4

I had to ask him his name when I first met him.  But we used first names when speaking.  Although there were a few times when I had to stop myself from getting out of my chair and bowing to him, calling him LORD RTH.

• Like 6

Day 5Foxcatcher slow going good performancesThe Wild quite likedRosewater, festival hit, quite enjoyed itElectric Boogaloo, The Wild Untold Story Cannon films, who can forget all the hit films lol, remember likely Breakin (prob still have soundtrack),boy I'd forgotten a lot they made even though had involvement release of quite a few in 80'sand had forgotten that Lemon Popsicle (which was remade diff title in US) had been #1 film in Israel for long time (something like nearly 50% pop had seen it)Another 4 films today

Edited by Rth-TIFF
  • Like 7