Neo

Jason Bourne | 7.29.2016 | One week IMAX release on August 26 thanks to Ben Hur flopping

Well Universal showed a trailer at CinemaCon.  

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/13/jason-bourne-trailer-cinemacon

And some details 

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/15/jason-bourne-matt-damon-first-look

Greengrass thought he said goodbye to Bourne nine years ago, but Damon convinced him that audiences craved a comeback, and together they brainstormed an adventure that sees Bourne reunite with sympathetic spook Nicky (Julia Stiles). “Life out in the cold isn’t working for either of them,” Damon says. “Nicky uses the riot for cover to meet with him, but she gets followed, and that sets the plot in motion.”

1 hour ago, ecstasy said:

Bourne with a gun? Haven't seen that since the first movie.

Don't like it though. Wait for more.

Yea the teaser makes Bourne looks like a 80s action movie with that automatic firing. This is starting to look like a John Travolta action movie :

550px-John_travolta_swordfish_001-1-.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Yea the teaser makes Bourne looks like a 80s action movie with that automatic firing. This is starting to look like a John Travolta action movie :

550px-John_travolta_swordfish_001-1-.jpg

Hope they don't ruin it. I for one didn't want them to resurrect it. It wrapped perfectly.

Still willing to keep an open mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

You have no idea how sad that would make me. Ultimatum is, perhaps, my favorite action movie. It's at the very least a top3 one.

Me too. Bourne is my favorite monies trilogy. I hope it doesn't suck.

I mean there was a reason they never did the 4th Bourne movie. They couldn't come up with a story that made sense. Universal was trying to get them to commit without a script. They wouldn't. Not sure what they could have come up with. What made Bourne so fascinating as a character was that he was an assassin with amnesia trying to find out who he was all while being the target of government assassins. He had to survive on his superior skill and wit which made the action that much more thrilling. Once he found out who he was the intrigue was over. I really hope they can come up with something plausible.

Edited by ecstasy
  • Like 1

I mean there was a reason they never did the 4th Bourne movie. They couldn't come up with a story that made sense. Universal was trying to get them to commit without a script. They wouldn't. Not sure what they could have come up with. What made Bourne so fascinating as a character was that he was an assassin with amnesia trying to find out who he was all while being the target of government assassins. He had to survive on his superior skill and wit which made the action that much more thrilling. Once he found out who he was the intrigue was over. I really hope they can come up with something plausible.

99% sure this movie will end in a cliffhanger for a Jeremy/matt team-up Bourne movie.

Edited by Belakor

Edward Snowden is the reason this movie exists.

11 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Explain this.

Well, Damon talked about it in interviews, it s the main event that convinced Damon & Greengrass to do a 4th movie.

It s totally in line with the character at the end of the third movie, denouncing massive and intrusive surveillance on the common folk ordered by government officials.

Damon went on CNN to say how he voted for Obama and how his presidency dispointed him in a lot of ways.

Edited by The Futurist

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Well, Damon talked about it in interviews, it s the main event that convinced Damn & Greegrass to do a 4th movie.

It s totally in line with the character at the end of the third movie, denouncing massive and intrusive surveillance on the common folk ordered by government officials.

Damon went on CNN to say how he voted for Obama and how his presidency dispointed him in a lot of ways.

Thanks. I haven't seen Damon's interviews so I had no idea. Interesting. I'll see if I can find it.