Neo

Jason Bourne | 7.29.2016 | One week IMAX release on August 26 thanks to Ben Hur flopping

12 minutes ago, FallingSlowly said:

I don't know what else to add then? You can continue to defend it and I will continue to criticize it.

I'm not defending the movie -- like I said, I didn't like it at all. I'm defending the process by which it was created, because fans always look back with 20/20 hindsight and I wanted to point out it's never that simple.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NuTella Lover of Sky Beams said:

I'm not defending the movie -- like I said, I didn't like it at all. I'm defending the process by which it was created, because fans always look back with 20/20 hindsight and I wanted to point out it's never that simple.

No, I agree with you that it's not that simple and that movies will morph throughout the production process. A good example would be Bourne Ultimatum, which had to be re-written while it was being shot.

I was just also pointing out that some movies don't turn out so lucky and are pretty much doomed from the start - they're so hasty to rush the film out, they don't have a proper working script to start with or don't try to find assistance with improving it.

I think I'm burnt out overall from this summer's disappointing movies and I'm scared/sad that the Jason Bourne movie was the result of the same studio greed.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2016 at 1:18 PM, NuTella Lover of Sky Beams said:

Of course it's never that simple...but what matters is the movie.  What shows up to us in theaters.  That's all that really matters in the end.  If it's good, people will flock to it (in most cases).  If it's middling or not good, we usually see an equally tepid reaction. 

1 minute ago, Eric Addams said:

Remember when we all campaigned for :bourne: as an emoji, and then we never used it? Good times.

hey man... not everyone can be jason bourne. it's one to break out for rare occasions. can't use the golden buzzer for every act.

I'm not sure if we did it or not, but it should have gotten a lot of usage in 2018 given the plethora of Jason Bourne cameos we got in other films

Unsane :bourne:

Deadpool 2 :bourne:

Not 2018 but Thor Ragnarok :bourne:

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3