Neo

Jason Bourne | 7.29.2016 | One week IMAX release on August 26 thanks to Ben Hur flopping

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Article confirms:

Bourne

TMNT

2 Fox slots, one of which is probably Deadpool

No Sony or WB

Disney and Universal will have more

I am guessing BvS will make an appearance in some form, maybe a last minute slot, or as the article guesses, through a promotional partner.

Lionsgate seem to be sitting this Superbowl out, I guess they don't want to spend good money on Gods of Egypt or Allegiant. Bourne is now almost guaranteed to be the "Most buzzed about" movie trailer from the superbowl.

Slightly surprised Sony are not going to preview Ghostbusters.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

I am guessing BvS will make an appearance in some form, maybe a last minute slot, or as the article guesses, through a promotional partner.

Lionsgate seem to be sitting this Superbowl out, I guess they don't want to spend good money on Gods of Egypt or Allegiant. Bourne is now almost guaranteed to be the "Most buzzed about" movie trailer from the superbowl.

Not really surprised after the test screening report said Sony is reconsidering a Superbowl trailer

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Not really surprised after the test screening report said Sony is reconsidering a Superbowl trailer

True, but how many people actually read that report, maybe 20 on HSX and around 20-30 here? That report should have no bearing on their promotional push. If they miss the Superbowl, then literally the next big live action movie they can attach a trailer to will be BvS almost 6 weeks later.

When the Superbowl is done, Ghostbusters will be the only big summer movie with no promotions started yet.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

True, but how many people actually read that report, maybe 20 on HSX and around 20-30 here? That report should have no bearing on their promotional push. If they miss the Superbowl, then literally the next big live action movie they can attach a trailer to will be BvS almost 6 weeks later.

If they don't know how to sell it, they won't spend 5M in a 30 seconds spot that is super shit. This isn't Disney we are talking about here :lol: 

59 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That's good news for Universal, Bourne is their biggest film of the year.