Neo

Jason Bourne | 7.29.2016 | One week IMAX release on August 26 thanks to Ben Hur flopping

2 hours ago, bapi said:

TV spot is fine but damn... this should be the definition of 'more of the same'.

I kind of felt the same way.  I have this spot probably third out of all the movie ones.  Not that is wasn't good, but it did feel the kind of been there before vibe.  But I have no doubt the movie should be pretty good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 75live said:

I kind of felt the same way.  I have this spot probably third out of all the movie ones.  Not that is wasn't good, but it did feel the kind of been there before vibe.  But I have no doubt the movie should be pretty good

Absolutely agree. The movie will be very good just... I'm not excited to see something I already saw.

Fantastic Trailer.  Brought the feel right back, it's like it never left.  Amazing it was just 30 seconds or so.  Now like everyone I was suprised by the title.  Yes from a marketing standpoint we get it.  You want to distance this from "Legeacy" and say, " This is about Bourne period".   But "Jason Bourne"? It just seems plain.  Then I looked up all the books and seen so many fantastic titles.   I don't know maybe I wish there was a sub title there somewhere. It's not that serious but it just jumps out at me.  But the movie looks good and I liked the trailer.  

Edited by filmscholar

So far I like the "parkour-beat-yo-ass-with-a-rolled-up-magazine" Bourne over the "underground fighter-single-punch-knockout" Bourne.

The old Bourne was more like a cat, this one is like a bulldog.

Maybe this development reveals Bourne's true personality but I'm a little skeptical whether it's an improvement.

Also it was always cool that Bourne no longer thought like a cold blooded assassin. He was a little bit of a world weary idealist thanks to his amnesia but he could tap into his spy training subconscious to become a badass.

This made him more relatable and easy to root for.

Anyone in the audience could imagine having the skills of a CIA agent and using them to fight against morally corrupt spy agencies because the indoctrination of their training had been erased from their mind.

We'll see if the new Bourne is anywhere as interesting.

Alright what's up with this movie? Didn't watch the Super Bowl trailer. There was nowhere to go with Bourne's story. They better not f--- it up and ruin my favorite movie trilogy of all time.  I guess I'll watch the trailer now.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sam said:

Was just waiting for your stamp of approval on this! 

LOL Jason Bourne looking damn fine. Hope the movie is good cause I"m watching it regardless.  The little trailer looks good though but who can really say about the finished product. Looks like the action is gonna be on point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

No word in a full trailer? :(

2 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

You don't have to have words in the first trailer. Just what the audience wants to see. 

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Wha??

and this exchange proves why typos are bad :P  

• Like 3