rukaio101

Box Office.com's Top 100 films of All Time (2014 edition)- List Complete! Everyone is Disappointed!

Pirates would also be one of the top 100 film surprises.  I thought it was going to be terrible and it was actually really good.  

I suppose I'm glad that Saving Private Ryan, Lawrence of Arabia, and Groundhog Day are indeed on the list at all. I'm appreciative of that.  But the last 15 or so movies suggest I'm going to hate the top 20 we end up with.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

Uh oh, the Tele rage is about to begin

He should have voted!  That was 7 points lost to Lawrence. :angry:

Seriously, 47th and in a grouping with Batman Begins (which I agree is the best of the trilogy) and POTC (the sequels showed how it could have gone so wrong). They're entertaining good movies but it's bad enough they're rubbing elbows with Groundhog Day, they shouldn't be anywhere near cinematic royalty.  :P 

• Like 2

But the last 15 or so movies suggest I'm going to hate the top 20 we end up with.

Eh, I take it back.  I went through my list and realized that we're already down to the 40s, and we've only actually hit 2 of my top 10 so far (Citizen Kane and Blade Runner), and 4 from my 11-20 (Airplane!, Lawrence of Arabia, Saving Private Ryan, and To Kill a Mockingbird).  So 14 of the 20 are actually still left and that's about as much as I could hope for given that its a mix of different people's lists.

For fun, I looked over some of the other lists and was amused to note that lists of James (who had the list immediately above me on the original thread) and myself, both 100 movies long, have exactly *3* overlaps (Fellowship of the Ring, Return of the King, and Titannic).  That's it.  The world is an interesting place.

• Like 1

The top 15 will be something like this

Inception

Dark knight

Memento

Godfather 1&2

Star Wars 4-6

Avengers

Lord of the rings 1-3

Pulp fiction.

the top 15 will be mostly composed by Godfather I&II, Star Wars Episode 4-5, Lord of the Rings films, some Tarantino films and some Spielberg films.

• Like 1

Wait a minute, I've just realized that this means some of my top 20 might not be on the list at all.  I guess I can live with it if Rope doesn't make it since its a little obscure (though amazing), but if Blazing Saddles, Seven Samurai or Dr Strangelove are somehow left off the list entirely then I'm going to stab people.

Edited by Wrath

Wait a minute, I've just realized that this means some of my top 20 might not be on the list at all.  I guess I can live with it if Rope doesn't make it since its a little obscure (though amazing), but if Blazing Saddles, Seven Samurai or Dr Strangelove are somehow left off the list entirely then I'm going to stab people.

Is Rope the one that Hitchcock directed? I never really liked that one for some reason (which I can't remember now, lol).

There are like two different lists, 

On one hand we get deserving movies like SPR and Lawrence, on the other hand we get a lot of post-2000 blockbusters like POTC and Batman Begins that are only this high because they're on the public's recent memory.

I like both Batman Begins and POTC, they are both likely within an updated Top 250 of mine, but top 50 is way to high for them.

That represents the forums perfectly. We are skewed more towards big blockbusters, but there are a few "artsy" (for lack of a better term) films that we all collectively enjoy.

• Like 2