rukaio101

Box Office.com's Top 100 films of All Time (2014 edition)- List Complete! Everyone is Disappointed!

Wait a minute, I've just realized that this means some of my top 20 might not be on the list at all.  I guess I can live with it if Rope doesn't make it since its a little obscure (though amazing), but if Blazing Saddles, Seven Samurai or Dr Strangelove are somehow left off the list entirely then I'm going to stab people.

*whistles innocently*

Is Rope the one that Hitchcock directed? I never really liked that one for some reason (which I can't remember now, lol).

Yeah, he did.  The 1948 one.  Its the one where it looks like the entire movie is done in one take (its actually not, its about 12, but its really cool visually.  Plus its just a great movie.  IMO, anyway).

Yeah, he did.  The 1948 one.  Its the one where it looks like the entire movie is done in one take (its actually not, its about 12, but its really cool visually.  Plus its just a great movie.  IMO, anyway).

I like Rope quite a bit but have about 20 other Hitchcock movies ranked above it - which goes to show that Hitchcock is awesome.  Hitchcock having just two movies on this list wouldn't be so bad - after all tens of thousands of movies have been made - but not when Nolan has half a dozen plus. :blink:

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

I like Rope quite a bit but have about 20 other Hitchcock movies ranked above it - which goes to show that Hitchcock is awesome. Hitchcock having just two movies on this list wouldn't be so bad - after all tens of thousands of movies have been made - but not when Nolan has half a dozen plus. :blink:

I think a lot of members here have not seen a lot of Hitchcock films
  • Like 5

Who's that? 

The only one that I can think of is Squaremaster, but I looked his list and he didn't rank them.

He did rank the films.

Something happened with the formating recently, if you look at some lists with rankings

To bad BKB and iJack were banned they could have removed these Nolan films.

Not really. He's cracking the top 50-60; I don't think two users could've done anything.

BTW, this is the one issue with lists. Films that are simultaneously loved and hated (like TDKR) will make the list because the people who love it will rank it high, thus giving it points. The people who hate it, however, can only leave it off the list, which doesn't really penalize the film as much as they want to.

• Like 1

Not really. He's cracking the top 50-60; I don't think two users could've done anything.

BTW, this is the one issue with lists. Films that are simultaneously loved and hated (like TDKR) will make the list because the people who love it will rank it high, thus giving it points. The people who hate it, however, can only leave it off the list, which doesn't really penalize the film as much as they want to.

Same reason Man of Steel is on nearly every list, positive and negative. It very nearly made it onto this list (1 point and 1 vote away). Had it done so, my commentary on TDKR would've looked tame in comparison. 

• Like 2

Same reason Man of Steel is on nearly every list, positive and negative. It very nearly made it onto this list (1 point and 1 vote away). Had it done so, my commentary on TDKR would've looked tame in comparison.

What about other bad comic book movies? Captain America, iron man 2, the Incredible Hulk, spider man 3 and amazing spider man.
  • Like 1

Man of Steel... I don't care how much someone liked it.... it's nowhere near good enough for a top 250 films of all time. It's not a bad movie, but it's nowhere near one of the best. 

At least TDKR has more going for it than MoS. Granted, neither should really be on here 

The only way to keep one filmmaker, franchise or even blockbusters from dominating the list is to implement a quota.  Say, no more than 2 or 3 films for any director or 1 from each franchise with the same lead characters (Star Wars, Potter, Batman, Spider man, LOTR, Indiana Jones,  Katniss,  Bond, Iron Man/Avengers etc)  But then it wouldn't be the Top 100 of this forum anymore, or rather the Top 100 from the 30 or so members who voted on this forum. B)

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

What about other bad comic book movies? Captain America, iron man 2, the Incredible Hulk, spider man 3 and amazing spider man.

Okay, first wash out your mouth for including Captain America and The Incredible Hulk on that list. Second, I don't think any of those came close to reaching the Top 100 (can't be bothered to look it up). Third, I hate MoS far far more than any of those films.

• Like 3

The only way to keep one filmmaker, franchise or even blockbusters from dominating the list is to implement a quota.  Say, no more than 2 or 3 films for any director or 1 from each franchise with the same lead characters (Star Wars, Potter, Batman, Spider man, LOTR, Indiana Jones,  Katniss,  Bond, Iron Man/Avengers etc)  But then it wouldn't be the Top 100 of this forum anymore, or rather the Top 100 from the 30 or so members who voted on this forum. B)

That makes sense for the lead characters... but directors is kinda iffy (Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, QT, etc). And Star Wars (OT) and the LOTR films should be excluded from the 1 per franchise rule. Same with Godfather, Toy Story and Man With No Name. Agree with the rest though 

Hunger Games shouldn't even be in the top 100  :ph34r: top 250 is fine I guess, but more top 1000 if anything.