Marek the Jedi

'Mission: Impossible' on track to win holiday B.O. / FRIDAY numbers

Unless the kids movies are Pixar, most people from Mojo seem to despise them. But Alvin is harmless. Kids love it.

This one isn't doing that well, though. 5m today means 11.5m-12m for the weekend and 19m for the 4-day. Of course, nothing that isn't MI4 is doing well, but still.

That would be a great increase for Tintin -- the only movies to increase over 50% in 2005 had significant expansions -- and a very good one for MI4. I suppose it's probably due to theater loss in all cases, but that would be an extremely small increase for BD1, a decrease for NYE and (since it didn't even make the list) either a decrease or only a miniscule increase for Hugo.

Unless the kids movies are Pixar, most people from Mojo seem to despise them. But Alvin is harmless. Kids love it.

Not really, I loved the first two Shrek films, the first Madagascar, Over the Hedge, Horton Hears A Who, the Ice Age films. Alvin I never liked even as a kid.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118047874.html?cmpid=RSS|News|FilmNewsMI4 - $35.5HS - $28 million to $30 millionAlvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked $19 million and $20 million in four days"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is expected to earn roughly $18 million over the four-day weekendWe Bought a Zoo" is likely to earn today just north of $3 million, yielding a four-day estimate in the $13 million-$14 million range