Halba

Highest RT film of the oscar season (2014)

Highest RT film of the oscar season(2014)  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Highest RT film of the oscar season(2014) (100 votes minimum)

• Foxcatcher
    • Interstellar
    • The imitation game
    • Whiplash
    • Exodus: Gods and kings
    • Birdman
    • Unbroken
    • Selma
    • American Sniper
    • A Most Violent Year
    • Hunger Games: Mockingjay 1
    • Big Hero 6
    • Other

what will be

the

Highest RT film of the oscar season

1.equal weight towards the average rating, and RT score %.

2.if its a tie, winner is the one with higher average rating.

3. If its tie on both counts, its just a tied winner.

Quite a competitive season. A lot of potential winners here, it'll be very close like last year it was a tie between gravity and 12 years a slave.

I voted interstellar as this years gravity. hard to top nolan, the film looks visionary stuff.

2nd might be unbroken.

NOTE: boyhood is excluded from this poll, because otherwise it'll be too obvious. thanks.

Edited by Halba

Birdman

Take out Gone Girl since it is already out. Replace with Whiplash since it is getting good reviews. I think Exdous could be replace with The Hunger Games since both Hunger Game have had good reviews.  I think American Sniper could be replace with an "other" option or add an other option. Movies that could get the best reviews of the fall that have yet be released that not a choice.

Big Hero 6

The Hunger Games Mockingjay. 

Whiplash

Inherit Vince 

Edited by Snoopy of Suburbia
  • Like 2

It's not my most anticipated movie of fall (hello Hobbit and Interstellar) but I think Imitation Game is going to score big and it's tomatoemetre will rise to 95+ (I'm probably wrong but screw it, I love Cumberbatch so there's my vote)

Birdman

Take out Gone Girl since it is already out. Replace with Whiplash since it is getting good reviews. I think Exdous could be replace with The Hunger Games since both Hunger Game have had good reviews. 

done. i have replaced it. gone girl has 0 chance of a win. didnt put hunger games, as my criteria was also 50% weight towards ave rating, i dont think hunger is going to get anywhere near a 9/10 ave rating. but other option included to cater for any anomalies.

Edited by Halba

done. i have replaced it. gone girl has 0 chance of a win. didnt put hunger games, as my criteria was also 50% weight towards ave rating, i dont think hunger is going to get anywhere near a 9/10 ave rating. but other option included to cater for any anomalies.

Most of the films on the poll won't get 9/10 either. Just cause you don't think it's gonna get high ratings it doesn't go on the list? Isn't a point of the poll to see what everyone thinks. THG being a major release should be on the poll due to other films like Exodus, Interstellar being on it and the track record the film franchise has. Big Hero 6 could even be on the list as animated films have some of the highest ratings. Other should maybe for more lesser known films and anomalies you mentioned. 

Edited by Breakspear

Most of the films on the poll won't get 9/10 either. Just cause you don't think it's gonna get high ratings it doesn't go on the list? Isn't a point of the poll to see what everyone thinks. THG being a major release should be on the poll due to other films like Exodus, Interstellar being on it and the track record the film franchise has. Big Hero 6 could even be on the list as animated films have some of the highest ratings. Other should maybe for more lesser known films and anomalies you mentioned. 

thanks agree with your suggestions all has been added, as well as the other option too.

Edited by Halba

I can see Birdman being the highest. About mid 90's or so. I don't think any film could match Boyhood's RT score (unless Interstellar really is what people are calling it). All the others I could see in the low 90's to about the high 70's.

ave rating birdman is under 8 though. so the quality of the film is nowhere near boyhood.