CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

21 hours ago, grim22 said:

MoS and Pacific Rim should have switched dates. That's literally all that needed to happen for a MoS2 to happen. MoS gets the July slot and the last big movie of summer legs and makes it past 300/700 which would have been enough for the sequel greenlight. Monsters University and a stronger than expected WWZ killed it on second weekend by hitting all the demos it needed and it never recovered in a loaded June.

That 2013 summer was a blood bath is always been my head canon since MoS did break the monthly opening record iir

2 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

The headless cameos and will he won’t he indicates that WB is still holding out hope they can get him back but it’s just been too long now. Recast and move on. 

I don’t understand why they would be holding out hope for him at this point. It’s been five years. They should just forget about the DCEU and do a stand-alone Superman trilogy. 

• Like 1

I think Zas is going to let SUPERMAN & LOIS play out on TV to keep the uber-Supes fans distracted while they figure out their game of cards at Warner Bros. features.  They're not going to make any "announcements" about Cavill.  The studio and Cavill seem at an impasse...so I do wonder what that Deadline/Variety "buzz" was about!  When a new Superman is cast for the big screen, you will obviously hear about it.  It could be months...or a few years.  

Edited by Macleod

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I think Zas is going to let SUPERMAN & LOIS play out on TV to keep the uber-Supes fans distracted while they figure out their game of cards at Warner Bros. features.  They're not going to make any "announcements" about Cavill.  The studio and Cavill seem at an impasse...so I do wonder what that Deadline/Variety "buzz" was about!  When a new Superman is cast for the big screen, you will obviously hear about it.  It could be months...or a few years.  

At this point, I’d be willing to settle for them giving Tyler Hoechlin’s Superman his own movie. Something is better than nothing. 

We can all assume or take guesses at what’s next but at this point I’m not expecting anything anytime soon,

no one knows anything.  I’m fine with what’s coming out for DC on film & hbo ,and am Happy with Superman and Lois for my Superman content.

This whole tease about Cavill from the trades was a shitty thing to do to fans but no one should be surprised anymore when they make money on clicks.

At this point I’d just prefer a recast but who knows what’s gonna happen. 

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

I do wonder what that Deadline/Variety "buzz" was about!  

I know EXACTLY what it was about and maybe someday will be able to spill the beans. 

It was completely and totally irresponsible of the trades for sure though to run with that information.

Like personally I would not have run with it if I knew where and how the buzz came from.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I know EXACTLY what it was about and maybe someday will be able to spill the beans. 

It was completely and totally irresponsible of the trades for sure though to run with that information.

Like personally I would not have run with it if I knew where and how the buzz came from.

If I had to guess I would say this was a leak from Cavills side to try and put the pressure on WB to get a deal done. Obviously I don’t expect you to answer lol. 

Though I will say, I’m kinda surprised that info hasn’t come out yet. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cax16 said:

If I had to guess I would say this was a leak from Cavills side to try and put the pressure on WB to get a deal done. Obviously I don’t expect you to answer lol. 

Though I will say, I’m kinda surprised that info hasn’t come out yet. 

I think it was part of Rock's plan for hogging extra attention to his panel , just baiting desperate Super Cavil fans for last min. extra limelight.

This was all Rock's show to begin with so its not far out there.

Cavill is finished as Superman..unless DC  gives him a appareance a lot like the Batman appreances in the up coming FLash movie. (I think that is well enough known so it does not count as a spoiler.

I repeat; Cavill as SUpes will go down like Timothy Dalton as 007..someone who could have been on of the greatest in the role, but got tripped up by never having a really first rate script to work with.

I  don't think Warners wants a new deal with Cavill. He will simply be, in a couple of years. too old for a starring role as Supes, and a new deal just does nottmake sense. They would rather just bite the bullet and find a new Superman.

Althought they don't seem that interested in doing that, either. Like the rest of you, I don't get whay the hell Warners is trying to do with SUpes.

Edited by dudalb

I wish they would at least tell us what the hell is going on with that Ta-Nehisi Coates project. That thing was announced over a year ago, and we’ve had practically no updates, other than some vague claims from the supposed scoopers. Is it moving forward or not?

I think if the plan is for the 3rd Shazam/2nd Black Adam movie to be a combined Shazam v Black Adam movie, you HAVE to include Superman in that. So if there's no hint of that in either of the movies coming this year, then Cavill as Superman is done.

2 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

The last thing I read from one of those scoopers is that apparently WBD doesn't think the pitch he made is financially viable so maybe they asked him to revise it

Why even stick with his pitch if they’re just going to ask him to change it? It’s not like Coates is a must-have for a project like this. To the best of my knowledge, he’s never even written a screenplay before, and even when it comes to his work in comics, he’s never written for Superman. 

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Why even stick with his pitch if they’re just going to ask him to change it? It’s not like Coates is a must-have for a project like this. To the best of my knowledge, he’s never even written a screenplay before, and even when it comes to his work in comics, he’s never written for Superman. 

Coates is a prestigious name. They probably want that Black Panther level clout and this is their attempt at that. 

Coates is not a prestigious name for moviegoers and he's not gonna be able to make superman some cultural event that Black Panther was and if the rumored take about him wanting to do a more grounded superman is true then DC should definitely consider other options

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BruiseCruise said:

Coates is not a prestigious name for moviegoers and he's not gonna be able to make superman some cultural event that Black Panther was and if the rumored take about him wanting to do a more grounded superman is true then DC should definitely consider other options

I got a feeling the Coates deal is probably not going to happen.

• Like 2