CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

Just now, wattage said:

What about Reeves and his work process makes you think that's something he would want to do 

Yeah I doubt we would had accept that offer, he seems more focused on making actual movies.

Still, seeing how good his Batman universe its doing makes you wonder what a DC universe he would deliver.

1 minute ago, wattage said:

What about Reeves and his work process makes you think that's something he would want to do 

I thinks Reeves is a good fit for Batman, but not sure about the lighter not so moody DC charecters. And we have tried that Lets make everything in the DCU all dark and gritty approach, and it did not work.

I don't mean to compare Reeves and Snyder...I think Reeves is a hundred times a better fillmmaker then Snyder....but still, I think Reeves is not the guy I would choose to rund the DCU. Batman is a perfect fit for him.

1 minute ago, Belakor said:

Yeah I doubt we would had accept that offer, he seems more focused on making actual movies.

Still, seeing how good his Batman universe its doing makes you wonder what a DC universe he would deliver.

I am afraid Reeves would be like Snyder, though I hate the comparasion; Reeves is a vasly better filmmaker: I think he would try ot fit the Dark Knight template o the entire DC universe and it would not work.

I don't hink everything dakr and gritty works for the whole DCU.

14 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I thinks Reeves is a good fit for Batman, but not sure about the lighter not so moody DC charecters. And we have tried that Lets make everything in the DCU all dark and gritty approach, and it did not work.

I don't mean to compare Reeves and Snyder...I think Reeves is a hundred times a better fillmmaker then Snyder....but still, I think Reeves is not the guy I would choose to rund the DCU. Batman is a perfect fit for him.

Beyond tone stuff, the question I always bring up when people say they want Reeves and Pattinson involved in the to be DCU: what about Reeves (or Robert Pattinson) makes people think that's something he would want to do? It makes me scratch my head constantly. It doesn't matter what some fans want or even WB themselves who would probably love to just launch with Reeves Batman and call it a day. Reeves is his own creative. He clearly doesn't want to run or even operate within an extended traditional superhero universe and doesn't like things to not be grounded, the darker tone isn't the real problem here imo. Why would he want to run the DCU that has a bunch of superhuman characters. Why even bring it up, it was never an option. 

Edited by wattage

5 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Isn't Reeves working on a few DCU projects with Gunn?

Animated Batman show, he really does love that character + Gotham a lot. It's not in the DCU it's one of the elseworlds projects. It looks good also, I hope it turns out good. I believe Abrams worked on it too. 

Edited by wattage

5 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Agreed. Has to deliver

No reason to think it won't. Yet it's pretty obvious there are some people on this thread and board who have it so out for this movie and DC in General they will still find reasons to be negative about the movie's chances to succeed.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Alexander said:

The thing is... Is Gunn actually involved or it's in his deal that he has to be credited with every Bat project?

Gunn will probably get a executive Producer credit, pretty much the same as Kevin Feige gets on Marvel Projects.

6 hours ago, emoviefan said:

No reason to think it won't. Yet it's pretty obvious there are some people on this thread and board who have it so out for this movie and DC in General they will still find reasons to be negative about the movie's chances to succeed.

I am niehter negative or positive; I will wait to see the reception of the film before making any judgements.

I don't get "stanning" for a film you have not even seen; one fanboy practice I find puzzling.

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

I am niehter negative or positive; I will wait to see the reception of the film before making any judgements.

I don't get "stanning" for a film you have not even seen; one fanboy practice I find puzzling.

I agree with you as I am sure you will agree with me that the opposite is also true.

13 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

He's as involved as Feige is in the MCU 

In general, sure, but The Batman & Joker franchises were established outside of DC Films silo and resisted moves to bring them under more central control (I recall reporting about this with Reeves & the old heads of DC in 2021 when they were still angling for the Flash plan).