CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

48 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Edited this post. It almost sounds like Bradley Cooper will be Lex if timing works out for filming. We’ll see what happens. 

I thought I heard Cooper wasn’t interested? I think I’m actually much more interested in Nicholas Hoult as Lex. 

Just now, WittyUsername said:

I thought I heard Cooper wasn’t interested? I think I’m actually much more interested in Nicholas Hoult as Lex. 

Sneider was saying that apparently Gunn and Cooper talked on the guardians press  tour but it may not work out cause Cooper is staring in a Spielberg movie and their may be a schedule conflicts cause Spielberg films when he wants to film obviously.

Sneider was saying Cooper was looking for a “pay day film” to re-establish himself in a main stream movie. He could just be talking out of his ass though.

He also said that Hoult may have just been the prototype of what they wanted for Lex but Gunn was willing to rework the script a bit to make it work for Cooper cause he’s older. 

Sneider also said they’re casting an Asian or Latin actor for Blitz for Legacy he wasn’t sure about the character but Rocha told him it’s probably Jenny Blitz from the flashpoint timeline who’s associated with deathstroke. 

On 5/23/2023 at 4:07 PM, dudalb said:

I hope Gunn casts outside the envelope for this film. The problem with fan casting is it's always the usual suspects; they don't think outside the box.

Yep, I usually hate fan castings for this reason. It’s just usually Margot Robbie for every role too.

• Like 1

I've just seen GotG (the original) for the first time. Someone really wants to go to the movies to watch part 3 with me and i thought i might as well catch up on the the first two. Let's just say i'm kinda concerned for Superman Legacy now coz that movie was such a nothingburger.

Edited by Elessar
  • Astonished 1

16 minutes ago, Elessar said:

I've just seen GotG (the original) for the first time. Someone really wants to go to the movies to watch part 3 with me and i thought i might as well catch up on the the first two. Let's just say i'm kinda concerned for Superman Legacy now coz that movie was such a nothingburger.

I’d say it was something different back when it came out, but after a decade of movies trying to follow in its footsteps, it doesn’t feel all that special anymore. 

31 minutes ago, Elessar said:

2 and 3 are the special ones (also his DC stuff)

• Astonished 1

Just now, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

2 and 3 are the special ones (also his DC stuff)

I don’t think TSS and Peacemaker are anything special. I think Gunn works best when he’s on a leash. His raunchy R-rated shtick doesn’t do anything for me. 

Only watched his CBM stuff and out of those, Vol. 2 is the only one that I did not care for.

Vol.1 like most Perlmutter-era MCU films has not aged well (not as terribly as others) but considering how much I enjoyed his DC stuff and Vol.3/The Christmas Special, it's clear he's upped his game since the Disney firing.

On 6/4/2023 at 4:26 AM, Elessar said:

He recycled the same tropes 4 fucking times with Seqeuls/TSS/Peacemaker show 😭

- Childhood trauma for cheap emotional payoff (atleast he traded same old dad issues with loss of friend in Gotg 3)
- cute cgi pet so you know the bad guy is not entirely bad..

- awkward comedy

I guess that's just his style now but nothing he has done in last 10yrs has given me assurance that he can make a truly epic Superman movie , atleast the costume designs will be good but we already had that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

I guess that's just his style now but nothing he has done in last 10yrs has given me assurance that he can make a truly epic Superman movie

Yeah, while he does his shtick pretty well, at least from what i have seen (save GotG Part 1), Superman requires different sensibilities. I hope he's capable of that and doesn't turn it into one of "his" movies, or an MCU clone...

On 6/3/2023 at 4:16 PM, WittyUsername said:

I’d say it was something different back when it came out, but after a decade of movies trying to follow in its footsteps, it doesn’t feel all that special anymore. 

It's called the Citizen Kane syndrome.

Citize Kane did so many things for the first time that have since become standard techniques of filmmaking by the most hamhanded hack that it's hard to realize, upon first viewing, just how brilliant Kane was in 1941 and how much ground it broke unless you know some film history.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 1:56 AM, Elessar said:

Yeah, while he does his shtick pretty well, at least from what i have seen (save GotG Part 1), Superman requires different sensibilities. I hope he's capable of that and doesn't turn it into one of "his" movies, or an MCU clone...

Look at it this way: He can't mess up the charecter more then Snyder did, and I think Gunn is a better filmmaker.

I think Gunn is s smart enough filmmaker to get that he needs to adjust his style to the subject matter. SNyder never got this.