CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I think he will end up as Lex. Might be the role he is testing for, Justin Kroll is adamant he is Superman but everyone else says Lex

maybe? But Kroll was also the first one to break the Pattinson Batman news so he clearly has good sources at WB. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the running for Superman all along and Lex is played by a big name like Bradley Cooper

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

I like Hoult as an actor but you can't be the frontrunner for Batman AND Superman, way too different. Can see him as Bat, not as Supes. Brosnahan Lois please please please.

Many actors try to both roles. Cavill did.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TMP said:

maybe? But Kroll was also the first one to break the Pattinson Batman news so he clearly has good sources at WB. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the running for Superman all along and Lex is played by a big name like Bradley Cooper

I don't think you can discount Borys Kit either though. Especially since Borys article was much much better detailed, not to mention THR has better connections with WBD and especially DC.  I think Borys is right, Hoult is Lex. 

Edited by 21C

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

God, this is so like the search for Scarlett O'Hara to be scary.  They were reporting in the mass media of the day every actress screentesting for Scarlett.

The More Things Change, etc.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

he was supposed to be the bad guy in Mission, so i'm sure it would have played to his strengths as an impish weirdo like in The Favourite or The Great

I was sort of hoping for a different villian then Lex. He has been the heavy in every solo Supes movie except for MOS. I know that Supes does not have a deep rogue's Gallary the way that Batman or Spidey do, but they can find something other then Lex.

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

Yeah Kroll knows his stuff. I don’t see Nicholas Hoult as Clark or Superman, but I trust Gunn regardless. I do think he does have the look to pull off Lex Luthor.

I think Gunn knows more about what kind of actor he needs for the interpretation of Supes he has in mind than a bunch of fanboys.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think Gunn knows more about what kind of actor he needs for the interpretation of Supes he has in mind than a bunch of fanboys.

Okay… so basically what I’ve said hours ago, then?

14 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I sincerely don’t know about that. Sure, I don’t like Chris Pratt on literally anything but as a Star-Lord, Mario and Emmet, and I think Gunn learned a lot with Marvel Studios Sarah Halley Finn when it comes to finding the perfect actor for the right role, with Chukwudi Iwudi’s High Evolutionary and John Cena’s Peacemaker perfomances as proof of that, so what I’m saying is that Gunn has more than earned my trust when it comes to picking the actors he wants to collaborate with. If he could make me legit love Chris Pratt’s take as Star-Lord even if I don’t really like the actor, I’m willing to give him carte blanche to do whatever he wants with the Superman Legacy casting. I honestly didn’t like the casting of anyone but Gamora and Nebula with the first GotG, and here we are with me becoming a hardcore Guardians of the Galaxy fan almost ten years later. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Okay… so basically what I’ve said hours ago, then?

Yeah, are in agreement.

Where is might differ is I was hoping for a villian differen then Lex,but let's see what Gunn has in mind.

Problem with most fan casting is it so bland, so predictable, so "round up the usual suspects".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Yeah, are in agreement.

Where is might differ is I was hoping for a villian differen then Lex,but let's see what Gunn has in mind.

Problem with most fan casting is it so bland, so predictable, so "round up the usual suspects".

I mean, while I understand the sentiment, it’s better if Gunn has an actual understanding of who Lex Luthor is, and unfortunately that hasn’t been done in live action just yet. I wouldn’t be mad at all if that was his friend Michael Rosenbaum instead of Bradley Cooper btw. I’m open to something completely new, but Rosenbaum was the one that got the closest. 

9 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I mean, while I understand the sentiment, it’s better if Gunn has an actual understanding of who Lex Luthor is, and unfortunately that hasn’t been done in live action just yet. I wouldn’t be mad at all if that was his friend Michael Rosenbaum instead of Bradley Cooper btw. I’m open to something completely new, but Rosenbaum was the one that got the closest. 

I sort of liked Gene Hackmann's take on Lex, though.

Given the importance of commercial and critical success for this film, I am of final opinion that Elordi should be Superman. DC could work well too, but he is basically an unknown. Elordi has an existing social media following that would absolutely make a difference with prerelease buzz. 

Brosnahan has the perfect energy for Lois Lane. It's crystal clear in he rather stuff + live interviews. It's aggressive but warm spunk.

Edited by excel1

2 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

(I've always deferred to Kroll on scoops)

Borys was the first one to break the news DC was rebooting though. He also received the exclusive of Gunn being the head of DC. He seems very well connected to this current WBD/DC Studios administration.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I was sort of hoping for a different villian then Lex. He has been the heavy in every solo Supes movie except for MOS. I know that Supes does not have a deep rogue's Gallary the way that Batman or Spidey do, but they can find something other then Lex.

He doesn’t have to be the only villain of the movie.