grim22

Riverdale | Drama series on Fox based on Archie comics. Archie, Betty, Veronica, Jughead will all appear.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/archie-comics-series-riverdale-greg-berlanti-roberto-aguirre-sacasa-fox-858971/

After Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl, Greg Berlanti is helping bring another set of iconic comic book characters to television: Archie, Betty and Veronica, Josie and the Pussycats. Riverdale, a drama based on the characters from the Archie comics, has landed at Fox with a script deal plus penalty. Warner Bros TV is producing with with studio-based Berlanti Productions.

Riverdale is named after the fictional town where most Archie Comics characters reside and which will serve as the setting for the show. Set in the present, the series offers a bold, subversive take on Archie, Betty, Veronica and their friends, exploring the surreality of small-town life — the darkness and weirdness bubbling beneath Riverdale’s wholesome façade

Here are more details on the Archie characters who will take the leap to TV: The series will showcase the eternal love triangle of Archie Andrews, girl-next-door Betty Cooper and rich socialite Veronica Lodge and will include the entire cast of characters from the comic books — including Archie’s rival Reggie Mantle and slacker best friend Jughead Jones. Popular gay character Kevin Keller also will play a pivotal role, with other characters from Archie Comics’ expansive library also slated to appear, including Josie and the Pussycats.
Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

I have a feeling someone at FOX saw this trailer and was like "holy shit, why isn't this already a series!?"

Seriously, that's some intense shit. The creators are saying Riverdale will be "Archie meets David Lynch" with a very Twin Peaks vibe. Sooo IN!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56570

Also intense? The "Afterlife with Archie" comic series which is a zombie apocalypse set in Riverdale. Apparently there are specials planned for that too.

I loved Archie comic well into my 20s.  I still have boxes of the larger comic booklets somewhere in the house.

However, that movie trailer might have scarred me.

You will love the "Afterlife with Archie" comic then. Drunk Reggie runs overs and kills Hot Dog, who then returns as a flesh eating zombie and begins a zombie apocalypse, Betty and Veronica call each other words like "$lu*" and Cheryl Blossom has an incestuous relationship with her twin brother! :lol:  

These character breakdowns for the main 4 are EVERYTHING!

ARCHIE ANDREWS | A high school sophomore, the redhead is still boyishly handsome but “pumped and looking good after working construction for his dad during the summer.” Archie is grappling with heavy issues and juggling the interest of several girls while discovering his passion for writing and performing music against his father and his football coach’s better wishes. Oh, and he’s harboring more than one dark, terrible secret.

BETTY COOPER | The blonde and pretty sophomore is described as having “some self-esteem issues and affinity for Adderall.” Eager-to-please, wholesome and studious, Betty has a super-crush on her longtime best bud, Archie. But tired of being the “perfect” everything, she turns to her new friend, Veronica, for life advice. Betty has an emotionally brittle mom, a goth-like sister and a coveted spot on the cheerleading squad — though with certain conditions….

VERONICA LODGE | Producers are aiming to ideally cast a Latina as this “silver-tongued” stunner, who has just returned to Riverdale from New York following a scandal which resulted in her father going to prison. Extremely intelligent, self-confident and immediately popular, Veronica is eager to reinvent herself — from Mean Girl to caring friend.

JUGHEAD JONES | A hearing-impaired actor is being sought to play Jughead as an “emo-heartthrob.” The lanky lad is Archie’s former best friend, seeing as the two still are smarting from a rift that took place between them. Angry, but with a philosophical bent, Jughead “refuses to take the olive branch being proffered by Archie, the hurt goes that deep.

On 3/5/2017 at 3:44 PM, Water Bottle said:

Any thoughts on who the real killer is? I think Alice Cooper is too obvious although I think her husband thinks she did (hence why he did take the evidence). 

I literally have no idea anymore. Everyone is too obvious. I'm enjoying the mystery though and I hope it's solved in a satisfying manner.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I literally have no idea anymore. Everyone is too obvious. I'm enjoying the mystery though and I hope it's solved in a satisfying manner.

So what you're saying is...

Everyone did it??

• Like 1