grim22

Weekend Numbers (Nov 14-16) pg 39

Even though DADT is over-performing expectations this weekend, I still don't see it having good legs.  Flixster score is going to drop (down to 62% now), Hunger Games coming Thursday, and a zillion movies being released in December.  Looks like a situation where it goes 37/97

Edited by Ando81

Nothing went wrong with Interstellar, and nothing will go wrong with Mockingjay.

So there's literally no reason to be disappointed unless you have high expectations.

MJ2 it could come very close to high territory next year, it being the final installment and the epic finale making the possible top 5 WW..or even 10..it's just called being reasonable and realistic.

• Like 3

Apart from the big Tuesday jump, BH6 has been following Madagascar 2's dailies pretty closely. Madagascar 2 did face Bolt on the 3rd weekend whereas BH6 won't face Penguins till the Wednesday of its 3rd week.

If Dumb and Dumber 2 follows Best Man Holiday from a year ago, it ends up with 41M.

41 million would pretty much make a crawl past $100 million a lock. If it drops less than 60% next week, and less than 45% the week of Thanksgiving anyways. 

BH6 should leg its way past $200 million.. while Interstellar's only worried about $150 million DOM at this point...

• Like 2

Even though DADT is over-performing expectations this weekend, I still don't see it having good legs.  Flixster score is going to drop (down to 62% now), Hunger Games coming Thursday, and a zillion movies being released in December.  Looks like a situation where it goes 37/97

37/101. But Mockingjay 1 isn't the target audience for this so it won't completely implode. 50-55% drop is pretty likely though. Comedies don't need good reviews to do well. 

Universal will get it past $100 million DOM, even if it means taking some of Unbroken's numbers and moving them into D&D2's total lol. 

• Like 3

41 million would pretty much make a crawl past $100 million a lock. If it drops less than 60% next week, and less than 45% the week of Thanksgiving anyways. 

BH6 should leg its way past $200 million.. while Interstellar's only worried about $150 million DOM at this point...

Boxoffice is predicting nearly $28 million for Interstellar this weekend, that's like only a 41% drop. and with thanksgiving coming up, it's actually looking very likely like it will hit $180m. 

• Like 4

I think there's going to be a lot of "crawling" this Holiday Season

Interstellar will "crawl" to 170M

Big hero 6 to 225

Mockingjay to 400

Dumb and Dumber to 100 (maybe 105)

Horrible Bosses 2 100M (though it may miss the mark and just miss 100)

Penguins to 175M

Exodus to 150

Hobbit to 300 (hopefully... 275 worst case scenario IMO)

• Like 5

Any word on any Friday numbers for Kirk Cameron's bizarre movie about the supposed war on Christmas?  I'm not a fan of his, but am just curious.  Did not see it in the top 10.  Thought maybe the anti-gay rights crowd would show up in groups of 10 and make this movie have a weekend of 3 or 4 million.

Any word on any Friday numbers for Kirk Cameron's bizarre movie about the supposed war on Christmas?  I'm not a fan of his, but am just curious.  Did not see it in the top 10.  Thought maybe the anti-gay rights crowd would show up in groups of 10 and make this movie have a weekend of 3 or 4 million.

what does the war on Christmas have to do with gays?

• Like 1

I think there's going to be a lot of "crawling" this Holiday Season

Interstellar will "crawl" to 170M

Big hero 6 to 225

Mockingjay to 400

Dumb and Dumber to 100 (maybe 105)

Horrible Bosses 2 100M (though it may miss the mark and just miss 100)

Penguins to 175M

Exodus to 150

Hobbit to 300 (hopefully... 275 worst case scenario IMO)

I think Horrible Bosses 2 will miss $100 million altogether... Into the Woods, Unbroken and NATM3 should all get past $100 million. 

$325 million - Unbroken (ridiculous prediction lol... but $175 million+ seems fairly likely) 

$185 million - Into the Woods 

$115 million - Night at the Museum 3 

• Like 1

what does the war on Christmas have to do with gays?

The demographic groups against gay rights are usually the same Evangelical/Fundamentalist groups that believe there is some conspiracy or war on Christmas.  They get upset when people say Happy Holidays or Season's Greetings instead of saying Merry Christmas 100% of the time.

Edited by Ando81

Boxoffice is predicting nearly $28 million for Interstellar this weekend, that's like only a 41% drop. and with thanksgiving coming up, it's actually looking very likely like it will hit $180m. 

$14.5 million ($117 million)

$12 million/$17.5 million ($138 million)

$7 million ($148 million)

$4.5 million ($155 million)

$2.5 million ($158 million)

$2 million ($162 million)

$1 million ($164 million) 

$168 million DOM total

It would need $17-18 million next weekend to put it on pace for $180 million DOM+. 

Well it only opened in like 400 theatres, so how much could it make?

• Like 1

$14.5 million ($117 million)

$12 million/$17.5 million ($138 million)

$7 million ($148 million)

$4.5 million ($155 million)

$2.5 million ($158 million)

$2 million ($162 million)

$1 million ($164 million) 

$168 million DOM total

It would need $17-18 million next weekend to put it on pace for $180 million DOM+. 

Yes, that's what I was predicting for it.

$17m

$15m

$8.5m

I could be very wrong of course.

Edited by KaloVisor
  • Like 2

I think Horrible Bosses 2 will miss $100 million altogether... Into the Woods, Unbroken and NATM3 should all get past $100 million. 

$325 million - Unbroken (ridiculous prediction lol... but $175 million+ seems fairly likely) 

$185 million - Into the Woods 

$115 million - Night at the Museum 3 

I think it's safe to say NATM3 will wind up in that 110-130 range. Unbroken and Into the Woods are much more of wildcards... which is what I love about them!

I also think 175M can happen for Unbroken. 300M... idk yet lol. Maybe with some major award nominations and speculation it can get past 200M. Into the Woods can honest do anything from 120M - Maleficent Numbers.

• Like 1