Ethan Hunt

Criminal | April 15th, 2016

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yeah he did.

No.judging here. I think 3 Days to Kill is a blast

It is a blast!  It's fun, and stupid, and so tonally inconsistent you have to question what the hell the filmmakers were thinking...but Costner, I dig Costner.  I'm just glad he's back and making lots of movies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kowhite said:

It is a blast!  It's fun, and stupid, and so tonally inconsistent you have to question what the hell the filmmakers were thinking...but Costner, I dig Costner.  I'm just glad he's back and making lots of movies.

His 15 seconds in BvS was actually my favorite thing in the movie

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

His 15 seconds in BvS was actually my favorite thing in the movie

I enjoyed that.  Not because the drama of that scene really worked but because...fuck, it's Kevin Costner!  Yes, I can be shallow.

1 minute ago, Jay Hollywood said:

We should have a Criminal man date, its a the perfect film. Then watch Bodyguard on Blu-ray after 

Oh man...I will do this.

And of course...I have The Bodyguard.

Edited by kowhite

I saw this last night and dug it (but maybe I'm just morbid).  I caught a double feature of Huntsman and this, and I'd almost swear there were more people in this theater (75% over-40 crowd) than for Huntsman (filled 75% with teenage girls, interestingly).  (What a bore Huntsman is...but I digress.)

It's a testament to Costner that you pretty quickly root for a character as awful as his is (his regular grunts are hilarious); not only that, as he develops humanity, I felt more and more invested in the outcome.  It gets over a pretty ludicrous premise through his (and even Gal's) performance.  Oldman and TLJ are, yeah...there.  And Alice Eve must have had more to do that was cut out, as well as perhaps Reynolds (unless he did it as a favor to someone).

By the end I was wishing for a sequel with Costner's hybrid character!

She had a couple of pieces of dialogue, then is taken out of the film about 2/3 of the way in.  I'm betting there was more of her, edited out.

What I found funny/interesting is you have English actors like Oldman and Eve playing American, but the whole thing is set in London...they could have just been MI6 liasons, or something, instead of American CIA!

Nice to see Antje Traue again, as well, as another badass (one of the only enjoyable bits of Man of Steel, for me).

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Saw this on the back of Baumer's recommendation, and really dug it. 

Same. We actually saw it at the same time :lol: (even if in different countries).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Saw this on the back of Baumer's recommendation, and really dug it. 

Me too. Thought it was a pretty intense action film, Oldman was playing it super big but overall I liked it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

why the hell is everyone praising this trash?

Because, huh, people liked it?

You praise tons of trash and I don't see anyone complaining when you do it :lol: 

• Like 2