Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

I thought it was good. I enjoyed it. There were some moments in it that rivaled Prometheus on the dumb scale but overall it was a great effort.

I think I know what moments you're talking about :lol:

Will you see MJ1 this weekend?

Honestly, Interstellar is a really expensive space drama with mild action elements, which isn't a sterling recipe for success. It didn't meet the projections of a Nolan blockbuster, but I think if we knew it wouldn't be remotely close to Inception in terms of action elements (outside of those who read the script) and knew it'd be more like the end result, I bet predictions would have been more modest.

I wasn't expecting guns and fist fighting, but I thought the whole man vs. nature thing would be a bigger part of the film in terms of action, and surprisingly it isn't.

But

there IS fist fighting.

:ph34r:

No, but you certainly can't put it on the same playing field as the finale of one of the most beloved series of the past two decades (TDKR), a film that was literally the event of year after Ledger's death (TDK), or a film that took Marvel 5 plus years and 5 plus films to lay the groundwork for.

Surely you see that's biased?

You don't get to that big of an opening unless you're a very highly anticipated sequel(usually). So The Hunger Games absolutely belongs in the same conversation as Avengers/TDK/TDKR as far as opening weekend and multipliers are concerned.

• Like 2

Interstellar was hardly brainy.

It's a movie that's nowhere near as clever as some people make it out to be, sort of like Now You See Me.

And just to be clear: I liked Interstellar. But I found it to be way too predictable.

• Like 2

Well I couldn't play it because

A) It took me an hour to get my stuff imported for world building

B) I screwed up the character creation slightly and tried to start over

C) It's time to go to bed soon

So you played both games before had. I tried playing first one on my computer but computer over heats and only can play at an hour at a time. 

• Like 1

There's no realistic scenario where Lionsgate doesn't have more profit from splitting it than keeping it as one movie, even with $100m less domestic for MJ1. They'd be banking on an Iron Man 3-like increase compared to THG and CF (Dom. and WW) to justify that. Still a lousy creative decision though.

• Like 2

It is only brainy if you don't pay attention. If you are texting during the movie than it becomes a brainy movie. Nolan doesn't make smart movies, he makes movies where you need to pay attention to the movie. 

Speaking of paying attention, I thought the music was way too loud

during Brand's death scene

I couldn't hear

his last dying words