Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

Go watch Nightcrawler, it's better than both.

I've also heard that Birdman is really good, but I haven't seen it yet.

It's better than Black Swan: Geriatric Edition Birdman too. The most underrated movie of the year so far, and at this rate shaping up to be one of the most underrated performances of the decade in Gyllenhaal.

I thought it was a B?

I was at the A- range. What did I win? :P

After crying no less than 4-5 times on the 2nd viewing, I upped the grade.

Really, I did find it a good bit more enjoyable on the 2nd time. That....subplot worked better for me, despite the fact that it kinda drags the pacing of the film.

• Like 2

Oh boy, I guarantee that was like a bullet shot for the Nolanites. :lol:

I don't want to hear any comparisons to Now You See Me other than it stars Michael Caine. I've got mod support on this one (#ED)

• Like 3

Speaking of paying attention, I thought the music was way too loud

during Brand's death scene

I couldn't hear

his last dying words

Same. It was an IMAX issue. I saw it in 4K and heard him clearly.

After crying no less than 4-5 times on the 2nd viewing, I upped the grade.

Really, I did find it a good bit more enjoyable on the 2nd time. That....subplot worked better for me, despite the fact that it kinda drags the pacing of the film.

You really do want that iPad, don't you?

• Like 5

Judging by the reactions to trailers, Minions will be huge next year, and Penguins will do pretty well next week as well. The audience was laughing loudly for both trailers.

Minions is going to be a monster. Theyre the most popular secondary characters today. Giving them a movie was the smartest idea Universal had made in years. 

• Like 2

LOL You're wrong for that. :lol:  The movie had gone way left at that point. I'm glad he was able to bring it back from there.

I was so worried around that time. That would have been the worst third act turn if things kept going that way tonally. It wasn't the same movie.

Edited by cory
  • Like 2

LOL You're wrong for that. :lol:  The movie had gone way left at that point. I'm glad he was able to bring it back from there.

Yes, that's when

the train spilled off the tracks and derailed horribly, killing 14 men, 23 women and children, and 6 horses. Metaphorically speaking. Thankfully Nolan was able to drag everything back on track.

• Like 1