rukaio101

Year 10 Discussion Thread

Same here.

I'm intrigued to see how this trimester fairs without any super big tentpoles coming out. Dresden Files, Pokemon, Run and Gun 2, and Throne of Fire are the only major ones I can think of but I hope there is a big surprise film that crushes all expectations.

Same here.

I'm intrigued to see how this trimester fairs without any super big tentpoles coming out. Dresden Files, Pokemon, Run and Gun 2, and Throne of Fire are the only major ones I can think of but I hope there is a big surprise film that crushes all expectations.

Monster Hunter looks like the runaway winner of the Summer

• Like 2

Same here.

I think this summer will actually go very well.

In my predictions I predicted these will be the top films of the summer

1. Monster Hunter (219m)

2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (208m)

3. The Throne of Fire (183m)

4. The Dresden Files 2 (169m)

5. My Favorite Scientist (154m)

6. A Love Worth Killing For (153m)

7. The Pixies in the Backyard (150m) - I think everyone else will really underestimate this one

8. The Line (149m)

9. Peter and the Starcatchers (147m)

10. Run & Gun 2 (121m)

Forty-Five Seconds of Glory, Attack of the Movies, Day of the Tentacle, Raven Boys will also do very well.

1. Monster Hunter (219m)

7. The Pixies in the Backyard (150m) - I think everyone else will really underestimate this one

8. The Line (149m)

10. Run & Gun 2 (121m)

Forty-Five Seconds of Glory, Attack of the Movies, Day of the Tentacle, Raven Boys will also do very well.

Wow if those numbers happen it will be the worst summer in CAYOM 2.0 by a large margin.

If all the delays and pushbacks result in an overcrowded fall/holiday then...  :unsure:

Wow if those numbers happen it will be the worst summer in CAYOM 2.0 by a large margin.

If all the delays and pushbacks result in an overcrowded fall/holiday then...  :unsure:

I've got some stuff planned. Two or three Oscar contenders, one live-action adaption of an animated movie, and a potential blockbuster (horror film or two might be sprinkled in there to keep up my good traditions).

1. Monster Hunter (219m)

7. The Pixies in the Backyard (150m) - I think everyone else will really underestimate this one

8. The Line (149m)

10. Run & Gun 2 (121m)

Yeah, I think you're seriously underpredicting quite a few there. Most specifically, Dresden Files, A Love Worth Killing For, Run & Gun 2 (most definitely seeing as it's the summer opener and has two weeks with zero competition) and I think The Line maybe as well. I could quite plausibly see Dresden Files and A Love Worth Killing For reaching $200m considering a) the poor competition and b ) the high critical reception of their predecessors ((they both had higher than 3X multipliers and Dresden Files even won an Oscar (somehow)). I could also see The Line being a possible $200m breakout hit as well if the critical reaction is anything as good as what I've heard of the game it's based on (although I haven't read it yet).

Also, Monster Hunter is definitely going to be flying closer to $250m than $200m. Quite frankly, it's got the best chance out of any film this summer of reaching $300m (even if I don't quite think it'll make it).

Honestly, a lot of films are probably going to end up having bolstered legs and openings considering the lackluster slate. I could see a lot of films performing above expectations and I suspect we'll have a quite a few breakout hits. Except Shia LeBeouf: The Movie. That's going to flop. I think we all know that.

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments Rukaio, this is my first tri participating (I've lurked before) so my predictions are really just a wild guess without knowing how similar titles have performed in CAYOM. I had no idea about Dresden's Oscar, for instance, or about Andrew Stanton's great history with CAYOM (which Spaghetti mentioned in the predictions thread).

Except Shia LeBeouf: The Movie. That's going to flop. I think we all know that.

While its total will be low is budget is only $7M so it's guaranteed to make a profit. Maybe on its first weekend. (I get that you were mostly joking though.)

Not saying there won't be flops this tri (*cough* City Launcher/World Builder and its $77M budget *cough*).

Edited by department store basement

Honestly, a lot of films are probably going to end up having bolstered legs and openings considering the lackluster slate. I could see a lot of films performing above expectations and I suspect we'll have a quite a few breakout hits. Except Shia LeBeouf: The Movie. That's going to flop. I think we all know that.

I've gotten around to reading the films. Looked at the synopsis of the movie. I predict an opening lower than We are your Friends. Much, much, lower.

Speaking of reviews, I'm most likely going to post them tomorrow or Monday. Quite a bit busy this weekend.

Good news everyone! I just made myself one of my Youtube Opening Credits for a tentpole adaptation (see Hateful Eight if you don’t know what I’m talking about) thus now I feel obligated to make said movie. So there will be a big hitter for me next trimester at least financially.

Dibs on Adam Wingard btw.

Yes.

The Ending wasn't meant to be happy and fully resolved. Dana was safe, and she knows the truth of what happened, but it's not truly over. It's left to the viewer to decide how the film will end up.

For that reason, I don't anticipate amazing wom.