Hernan Gonzalez

Minions OS Thread | 1 BILLION WW CROSSED!! | 6m weekend | $811.4m OS total

Since they wanted it to be exact.

I guess I'll reword the question then. What is it that is stopping other studios from having exact OS numbers for their movies? I'm sure WB knows exactly how much money (for example) Deathly Hallows 2 made OS, but it's been listed as $960,500,000 for years now.

• Like 1

With the current pace of OS, how much do you think this is looking -China?

Am thinking..615 million without China, am I going too low?

No that's not too low at all. Say China does 110M that would make for 725OS total, which is pretty much in line with (most) predictions if not a tad higher. With China, I'm still saying this tops out at around 700 OS.

So I asked this question in the domestic thread but here it is where it belongs:

With Minions taking a hit of around 58% in its second week, how does this affect its 1 billion chances WW?

Share your thoughts!

1B is locked no matter what, its heading to 800M plus in overseas.

• Like 1

BO Global Report

Minions continued its strong run abroad this weekend grossing $66.2 million from 56 territories for an overseas total of $409.1 million and $625.8 million worldwide. Overseas markets are accounting for 65% of the worldwide gross, up 3% from Despicable Me 2 and up 11% from Despicable Me, and will definitely widen the gap when Minions opens in China sometime later this summer. The animated spin-off will open next weekend in Peru and Portugal.