Hernan Gonzalez

Minions OS Thread | 1 BILLION WW CROSSED!! | 6m weekend | $811.4m OS total

Good for Minions. Current markets should reach close to 600m.

How much OS total do you expect for it, considering there are like 12 more meduim/small markets still to open + China?

Edited by MinaTakla

Oh right forgot about those 2!

How much total OS do you expect for this, Henry, -China?

I was thinking something around $660m-$715m (between 20% and 30% increase over DM2) but I was not really following its gross country by country, only in LA I was watching it more closely.

• Like 1

I was thinking something around $660m-$715m (between 20% and 30% increase over DM2) but I was not really following its gross country by country, only in LA I was watching it more closely.

660 million without China would be awesome, 715 million without China is probably out of reach but I may be wrong! Am thinking actually 700 - 750 total with China.

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 1

Minions added a couple of small markets this weekend as well.

Yes it added some some small Arab markets plus Pakistan, here in Dubai people are going NUTS over it. It scored the second highest weekend of an animated film ever. EDIT: seems Minions has a shot of actually holding the top animated debut ever in the UAE. It opened to 1.2 millions, while Ice Age 4 opened to 1.27 millions, so when actuals are in, they might be close.

Next week Portugal and Peru are in. 

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 2

Confirmed: Minions scores biggest opening weekend ever for an animated film in the UAE with 1.3 million - beating Ice Age 4 and DM2.

Could make a run for 4 million USD to be the highest animated film of all time in the market.

• Like 2