Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers (Jan 2-4)

Mockingjay! 340m is a lock, and 345m is a distinct possibility if it continues to hold better than CF. Even 350m isn't out of the question just yet. Very impressive legs, even with the holidays.

That would be incredible! $350 was on the low end of some peoples MJ1 predictions prior to release. No one expected it to go below $350 though. Edited by Aplandg
  • Like 3

$4.5 million ($331 million) 

$3.5 million/$4 million ($336 million)

$2.5 million ($339 million)

$1.5 million ($341 million)

$1 million ($342 million)

$347 million DOM

That'd be a great finish. Especially since everyone thought $275-285 million after MJ1's OW  :lol: they should know by now Hunger Games is a leggy franchise. 

• Like 1

Or rather, it's performing well in line with expectations and in fact is going to end up grossing right where most expected (and, in fact, better than some expected).

disagree. Most people after opening expected it to outgross DOS easily while now it looks like it might struggle 

disagree. Most people after opening expected it to outgross DOS easily while now it looks like it might struggle

I agree with Tele, it will struggle to gross 275 million. Over 260 million is pretty much locked.

$4.5 million ($331 million)

$3.5 million/$4 million ($336 million)

$2.5 million ($339 million)

$1.5 million ($341 million)

$1 million ($342 million)

$347 million DOM

That'd be a great finish. Especially since everyone thought $275-285 million after MJ1's OW :lol: they should know by now Hunger Games is a leggy franchise.

That's the number I keep reaching as well. I tried to be a little more generous with one of my calculations and got $348.7m. I'll still pull for a finish across $350m in the meantime.

• Like 1

Why does it "look like it might struggle"? Just compare the numbers. It's got a 27m+ lead on DOS (more than comfortable to weather the slight gain DOS will get with its last remaining holidays), and its daily holds have generally been better.

• Like 2

Why does it "look like it might struggle"? Just compare the numbers. It's got a 27m+ lead on DOS (more than comfortable to weather the slight gain DOS will get with its last remaining holidays), and its daily holds have generally been better.

with a guaranteed 50% drop next week and lots of movies coming out in January to take away screens. I can't see how one could say otherwise. 

• Like 1

That's the number I keep reaching as well. I tried to be a little more generous with one of my calculations and got $348.7m. I'll still pull for a finish across $350m in the meantime.

If its that close, perhaps LG would try fudging it to get it across.

• Like 2

If its that close, perhaps LG would try fudging it to get it across.

I think it's kind of a useless milestone. I don't think LG should care, the domestic crown is the only major milestone left that matters at this point and they will get it.

I wish Interstellar had the ability to get to 200 million but alas it will fall 10 million short or so barring a surprise Best Pic nod. I would have laughed if it could claw past Tele's club. :(:angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

I think it's kind of a useless milestone. I don't think LG should care, the domestic crown is the only major milestone left that matters at this point and they will get it.

I wish Interstellar had the ability to get to 200 million but alas it will fall 10 million short or so barring a surprise Best Pic nod. I would have laughed if it could claw past Tele's club. :(:angry: :angry: :angry:

True, but aren't the 200, 300 milestones practically just as useless? They only seem important because of our silly ideas.

• Like 1

True, but aren't the 200, 300 milestones practically just as useless? They only seem important because of our silly ideas.

Really they're just nice and pleasing numbers to look at. The further down the digits you go, the less they matter.

As box office purists, we fixate on these milestones but we lose sight of letting it lie where it lies.

Edited by MrPink