baumer

Baumer's/Tele's/Chas' 25 films that have brainwashed people into mindless adulation (Tele pg 26)

The way the list is going, really, any movie can make it. 

I mean, like I listed some pages back...

But of course movies like Jaws, Star Wars, Indiana Jones are all too "sacred" to make it when they deserve it.

Jaws is a joke of a film.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

The way the list is going, really, any movie can make it. 

I mean, like I listed some pages back...

But of course movies like Jaws, Star Wars, Indiana Jones are all too "sacred" to make it when they deserve it.

Jaws is a joke of a film.  :ph34r:

You're more than welcome to make your own list after I'm done mine.   ;)

Edited by baumer

15) A lot of Marvel Avengers films (Iron Man 2-3, both Thors, GOTG, Captain America, Ang Lee's Hulk)

Iton Man is a terrific film.  Avengers is one of the top 100 films of all time imo.  So much fun, so much risk taken, so entertaining.  Most of the rest of them have been okay like Captain America and GOTG, to not so great like Iron Man 3 to downright awful like Hulk and Thor 2.  After Iron Man blew up, I don't think they knew what to do with it.  It was such a surprise hit that they had to scramble to make another Iron Man film.  They went out and got Mickey Rourke, fresh off his Wrestler performance.  They were so determined to get him that they offered him the amazing sum of $300,000 to do the role.  They eventually rolled out the big bucks when Downey Jr. assured the Marvel brass that he was worth his asking price of a whopping half a mill.  And how did they use Rourke in the film?  Like a bitch.  They basically gave him a few lines with a Russian accent and they gave him an electrified whip that can split steel in two.  Whoooo, awesome.  Then in Thor, they bored us to tears with the human story, made Thor a raving lunatic and they hoped we would oooo and aaaaah because Hanibal Lecter played his dad.  Loki was cool but he was much better in Avengers.  I won't even go into Hulk, but GOTG.  I don't get it.  A talking raccoon?  A hero who dances and confuses his way out of danger?  A tree who utters one word?  And this is a film that made close to 800 million at the box office.  As Rocky the Raccoon says in the film....OOOOH YYYEEEEAAAA.  Marvel is untouchable right now.  They could make a superhero called Ant Man about a guy who has regular strength but can turn really small and it would probably make 600 mill.....

what's that?  

They what?  

Oh it is?

Michael Douglas is in it?

Well, there you go.

Iron Man and Avengers are great.  I have no doubt Avengers 2 will be as well, oh and Captain America 2 was really good.  It's just too bad the rest of them were so disappointing.  I really don't understand people sometimes.

Note:  Yes, Ang Lee's Hulk came out well before the other Avenger's films but it's still included here because of how awful it is.

1379130994-3704891016.jpg?v=1379130995

Edited by baumer
  • Like 9

Ang Lee's Hulk? You sure you don't really mean The Incredible Hulk, the Edward Norton one? That was directed by Louis Letterier.

That one was fantastic. Ang Lee's was drek.

I feel like Ant-Man is the first movie that will truly test if people will like it just for Marvel, IMO.

I thought GOTG was that film.

• Like 1

15) A lot of Marvel Avengers films (Iron Man 2-3, both Thors, GOTG, Captain America, Ang Lee's Hulk)

Iton Man is a terrific film.  Avengers is one of the top 100 films of all time imo.  So much fun, so much risk taken, so entertaining.  Most of the rest of them have been okay like Captain America and GOTG, to not so great like Iron Man 3 to downright awful like Hulk and Thor 2.  After Iron Man blew up, I don't think they knew what to do with it.  It was such a surprise hit that they had to scramble to make another Iron Man film.  They went out and got Mickey Rourke, fresh off his Wrestler performance.  They were so determined to get him that they offered him the amazing sum of $300,000 to do the role.  They eventually rolled out the big bucks when Downey Jr. assured the Marvel brass that he was worth his asking price of a whopping half a mill.  And how did they use Rourke in the film?  Like a bitch.  They basically gave him a few lines with a Russian accent and they gave him an electrified whip that can split steel in two.  Whoooo, awesome.  Then in Thor, they bored us to tears with the human story, made Thor a raving lunatic and they hoped we would oooo and aaaaah because Hanibal Lecter played his dad.  Loki was cool but he was much better in Avengers.  I won't even go into Hulk, but GOTG.  I don't get it.  A talking raccoon?  A hero who dances and confuses his way out of danger?  A tree who utters one word?  And this is a film that made close to 800 million at the box office.  As Rocky the Raccoon says in the film....OOOOH YYYEEEEAAAA.  Marvel is untouchable right now.  They could make a superhero called Ant Man about a guy who has regular strength but can turn really small and it would probably make 600 mill.....

what's that?  

They what?  

Oh it is?

Michael Douglas is in it?

Well, there you go.

Iron Man and Avengers are great.  I have no doubt Avengers 2 will be as well, oh and Captain America 2 was really good.  It's just too bad the rest of them were so disappointing.  I really don't understand people sometimes.

Note:  Yes, Ang Lee's Hulk came out well before the other Avenger's films but it's still included here because of how awful it is.

1379130994-3704891016.jpg?v=1379130995

The reason Marvels properties are selling is because they don't take themselves too seriously and make sure to add that much needed humour. I thought GOTG was a lot of fun and the interactions between the main cast was very amusing to watch, especially in the second half of the movie. Its the only film this year I left with a genuine spring in my step and these are the type of films the GA crave for. It really is the POTC of 2014 and imo, the second best marvel release behind Iron Man.

• Like 2

And maybe in my old age, I'm becoming that movie guy that I made fun of when I was a teenager.  Because this year, the most pleasing filmsd to me, the ones that put a spring in my step were Whiplash, Captain America 2, Birdman and This is Where I leave you.

• Like 1