CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

Bradley Cooper has now 4 nominations to his name. Was producer on American Sniper as well, apparently. FUCK YEAH.

He deserved a win for Silver Linings Playbook, shame that JLaw's weaker performance won but his didn't.

• Like 1

He deserved a win for Silver Linings Playbook, shame that JLaw's weaker performance won but his didn't.

SLP was probably her weakest performance she was nominated for and the best I've seen of Cooper.. he was pretty fantastic in hustle too though. and guardians :P and everything.

• Like 1

Bullshit.

#2, The LEGO Movie was also about "other things" as well. And unlike Big Hero 6, it's action and superhero tropes weren't central to the plot

#3, just because you haven't played with LEGOs doesn't mean you can't like The LEGO Movie. I didn't play with LEGOs at all when I was younger (though my younger brother did enjoy playing with them). The Academy didn't nominate The LEGO Movie because a consensus vote decided that the other 5 nominees were better movies, not because they didn't "relate" to it.

Personally, myself, I haven't read a Big Hero 6 comic in my life, nor a HTTYD book.

Read what I responded to again. Treeroy was wondering about voters playing with LEGOs. I pointed out that, actually, a good portion of them might not have.

Further: the nature of LEGOs has changed rather significantly over the past couple of decades. When I was totally immersed in them, there were no licensed tie-ins. It's possible that voters were actually turned off by the amount of of the licensed characters that showed up in the movie.

• Like 2

Bradley Cooper is on a roll right now.

Getting 3 Oscar noms in a row is remarkable. Plus he's in the 2nd highest grossing movie of 2014 as well.

There's a chance he gets in next year as well, if Joy turns out to be somewhat good.

Only thing I've seen her in is Interstellar, where she wasn't particularly good. The kid who played her younger self was fantastic though haha

and to think that kid got her start in Breaking Dawn. :P and you haven't seen the Help? you should get on that.

• Like 1

Only thing I've seen her in is Interstellar, where she wasn't particularly good. The kid who played her younger self was fantastic though haha

I thought Chastain was fine in Interstellar, not an Oscar-worthy performance.

Mackenzie Foy was pretty good, though. Better than most child actors these days.

There's a chance he gets in next year as well, if Joy turns out to be somewhat good.

Will he able to shoot that? I know it starts filming shortly, but between The Elephant Man and that Wet Hot American Summer revival on Netflix that will be out this summer, he's going to be quite busy the next few months.

• Like 1