CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

You know what baumer? I feel like these noms are pieces of shit and I wanted to slit my wrists this morning and jab LEGO bricks into the wounds in order to take me away from the pain of the snub so I guess we're even

Whoa! You need an intervention, hun.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

It won't win there either, but at least Blanks can be happy with it getting nominated. :)

FUCK THAT IT NEEDS TO WIN BEST PICTURE AT THE BOFFIES FOR ME TO BE SATISIFIED

Lego was a gimmick.  Another pet Rock.  It had characters from other movies and that was like a shiny new chew toy for a dog, yes, the dog in this case is all of you, brainwashed by that shiny new toy.  Problem is, there was nothing to it.  It was a painful experience watching that film.

Birdman is more of a fucking pet rock, and I liked Birdman. 

• Like 1

I think Lego was one of the most amazing and charming films of the year right up until near the end of the movie where it switches to live action. It's so strange, but I can't understand why that scene was there. The film's message was about individuality so that scene ruined it for me. 

Still a really good film that was botched by one awful scene.

Blanks, it's always been like that. Since Brokeback Mountain lost BP due to homophobia, I have not cared about the Academy Awards. I don't want to generalise and say, "It's just a bunch of old white men" (mainly because people would attack me for saying that  :ph34r: ) but at the end of the day, it is just a bunch of people's opinions, and not your own.

If you want to find awards worthy of respect then I would say just listen to the critics who you genuinely have respect for. I don't know who any of the Oscar voters are, so I have no respect for them - no more respect for the Academy Awards than I have for my own opinion. I have no reason to care about their choices, so I don't.

I typically agree with the Academy though nomination-wise. That's really all I care about except in the animation category, where I care about the win

SO BASICALLY THIS YEAR THE ACADEMY FUCKED ME OVER TWICE

• Like 1

I think Lego was one of the most amazing and charming films of the year right up until near the end of the movie where it switches to live action. It's so strange, but I can't understand why that scene was there. The film's message was about individuality so that scene ruined it for me. 

Still a really good film that was botched by one awful scene.

I really like that scene, but I'm not gonna get into now when I have a big write-up on why I love The LEGO Movie so much coming up 

• Like 2

Huh?! You can't seriously argue that any film had better effects than Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, which is revolutionary. DotPotA literally has the best VFX of any movie ever made. GRRRRR.

I've seen both movies. Interstellar was beautiful.