TalismanRing

TUES #s (2.3.2015) AS: $2.92m

In what universe is Seventh Son getting 20M OW?  :lol:

Probably not this one. But then again, Dracula was also supposed to not even come close to 20M and we all know how that went. 

At this point it won't surprise me if SS fails to reach 10M and JA fails to reach 20M.

• Like 1

I think the different with Dracula was Luke Evans, who is quite active in social media (or at least his PR is, if they run his accounts). He got out the word about the movie. He made his fanbase well aware that he was in it. 

Even thought Seventh Son has two well known actors, who is even aware they are in it? Especially Julianne Moore, who has barely had anything to do with promoting it.

I don't see it getting Dracula numbers.

I think the different with Dracula was Luke Evans, who is quite active in social media (or at least his PR is, if they run his accounts). He got out the word about the movie. He made his fanbase well aware that he was in it. 

Even thought Seventh Son has two well known actors, who is even aware they are in it? Especially Julianne Moore, who has barely had anything to do with promoting it.

I don't see it getting Dracula numbers.

Dat draw power by Luke Evans :lol: 

I forgot that god awful Valentine's Day opened to over $56M. Heck, with that big of an opening for such a shitty movie, I don't see how Fifty Shades Of Grey doesn't open to 90+M over Valentine's Day weekend.

Edited by sfran43

I forgot that god awful Valentine's Day opened to over $56M. Heck, with that big of an opening for such a shitty movie, I don't see how Fifty Shades Of Grey doesn't open to 90+M over Valentine's Day weekend.

Keep in mind Valentine's Day was PG-13, making it a perfectly acceptable date movie for couples of pretty much any age. 50 Shades has a much more limited range. 

The next 2 months are actually going to be extremely interesting, as most of the movies releasing are complete wildcards, are are going to be hard to predict.

Seventh Son could do anywhere between 7-15OW, but with Dracula Untold over preforming last year, who knows?

Jupiter Ascending is pegged to do 25, but it could go either way. I wouldn't be surprised if it did 15 or if it did 35.

SpongeBob looks like it'll be big. But how big? Well a 45M OW is in the cards, so this could surprise.

Fifty Shades; the sky is the limit on OW.

Kingsman could benefit from early WOM, and break out with over 30M 4-day.

I think people are underestimating Focus as well. Will Smith is still a movie star, and if the movie ends up being halfway decent, we could be looking at an OW exceeding 30M.