Impact

Best Actor predictions-2015

He didn't have chances. So no, it doesn't.

What's up with you saying things with this absolute arrogant certainty lately? Sure, Depp might NOT make it, but come on. Dude def has at least "chances." You don't really know if he has zero chance or not, at this juncture, so don't write checks you can't cash. 

Edited by cmasterclay

What's up with you saying things with this absolute arrogant certainty lately? Sure, Depp might NOT make it, but come on. Dude def has at least "chances." You don't really know if he has zero chance or not, at this juncture, so don't write checks you can't cash.

I thought everyone agreed he has zero chance of winning. No?

I hate when people make predictions and sound like they are saying things factually. Sorry that that is how this is coming out. I'll be more careful with my semantics.

Edited by TStechnij
  • Like 2

I hate when people make predictions and sound like they are saying things factually. Sorry that that is how this is coming out. I'll be more careful with my semantics.

People certainly still think he's getting a nom. He probably won't win, but it's by no means certain. 

i have to agree with TStechnij

there is practically no chance depp is winning a best actor. the movie has decent, but nothing special reviews. he will get a nomination, but nominations are just that, no one remembers a nominee.

Edited by Halba

Mid-October Pre-AFI picks:

1. Michael Fassbender, Steve Jobs

2. Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant

3. Eddie Redmayne, The Danish Girl

4. Michael Caine, Youth

5. Matt Damon, The Martian

6. Tom Hanks, Bridge of Spies

7. Johnny Depp, Black Mass

8. Géza Röhrig, Son of Saul

9. Ian McKellen, Mr. Holmes

10. Will Smith, Concussion

• Like 1

Mid-October Pre-AFI picks:

1. Michael Fassbender, Steve Jobs

2. Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant

3. Eddie Redmayne, The Danish Girl

4. Michael Caine, Youth

5. Matt Damon, The Martian

6. Tom Hanks, Bridge of Spies

7. Johnny Depp, Black Mass

8. Géza Röhrig, Son of Saul

9. Ian McKellen, Mr. Holmes

10. Will Smith, Concussion

Wouldn't change anything!

Depp's still in the conversation for a nomination, granted it's #5 now but still.

Depp isn't in the conversation anymore and never really was. His reviews were fine, but the movie was average and did poorly at the box office. Some pundit just had a podcast and apparently after initial screenings for guilds and such it has been determined that Truth, Black Mass and Beasts of No Nation are all DOA. 

Depp is some delusioned fanboy thing. He has made a joke of his career and his performance wasn't good enough. 

I don't see Redmayne missing and I really don't see Vikander missing. And I think Danish Girl will have a few below the line moms because it is really aesthetically pleasing and technically well made. And it hasn't came out yet, so of course buzz is down. 

Remember, I am DG's biggest hater. These are predictions straight from the head. 

Depp isn't in the conversation anymore and never really was. His reviews were fine, but the movie was average and did poorly at the box office. Some pundit just had a podcast and apparently after initial screenings for guilds and such it has been determined that Truth, Black Mass and Beasts of No Nation are all DOA. 

Depp is some delusioned fanboy thing. He has made a joke of his career and his performance wasn't good enough. 

I don't see Redmayne missing and I really don't see Vikander missing. And I think Danish Girl will have a few below the line moms because it is really aesthetically pleasing and technically well made. And it hasn't came out yet, so of course buzz is down. 

Remember, I am DG's biggest hater. These are predictions straight from the head. 

Hmm, interesting.