Impact

Best Actor predictions-2015

cheadle makes sense. he's worked with everyone, previous nominee, musician biopic, I'd like to see that movie actually get a date before I put down a prediction though.

Same-Though personally I am hoping to see him and Hildenson nominated this year just to see War Machine vs. Loki ;)

My predictions:

Michael Caine, Youth
Johnny Depp, Black Mass
Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant
Michael Fassbender, Steve Jobs
Eddie Redmayne, The Danish Girl

Fassbender and Redmayne are pretty much locks at this point. Both got raves for their performances at Telluride and Venice respectively. DiCaprio also has a very good chance. Depp and Caine should fill up the final spots since both got raves for their work as well.  Cheadle could make it in for Miles Ahead, but the film doesn't have a release date yet and it premieres in October. Hanks looks like a long shot at this point, same with Damon and Gyllenhaal.
  • Like 2

My predictions:

Michael Caine, Youth
Johnny Depp, Black Mass

Fassbender and Redmayne are pretty much locks at this point. Both got raves for their performances at Telluride and Venice respectively. DiCaprio also has a very good chance. Depp and Caine should fill up the final spots since both got raves for their work as well.  Cheadle could make it in for Miles Ahead, but the film doesn't have a release date yet and it premieres in October. Hanks looks like a long shot at this point, same with Damon and Gyllenhaal.

Agree with this. Spot on.

If Caine gets in he'll become the first actor in history to give Oscar-nominated performances in six different decades. 

Or any acting-while Katharine Hepburn has the longest gap between first and last nomination she was not nominated for anything in the 1970s.

Michael Caine, Youth
Johnny Depp, Black Mass

Yup that looks like it to me. I have a feeling it will come down to Dicaprio or Fassbender for the win though.

Michael Caine, Youth

Johnny Depp, Black Mass

Yup that looks like it to me. I have a feeling it will come down to Dicaprio or Fassbender for the win though.

what about hanks? he's the only big actor in the movie and has a lot of screen time.

Edited by Halba

Fassbender looks like the early favorite to me. He's been the fresh new it-guy for half a decade now, and this year seems to check all the boxes of "Academy Award winning performance". 

what about hanks? he's the only big actor in the movie and has a lot of screen time.

He can easily be nominated if the movie is good, but I don't think he 'll win. It will take a very iconic performance for him to win a third, like Nicholson and DDL.

He can easily be nominated if the movie is good, but I don't think he 'll win. It will take a very iconic performance for him to win a third, like Nicholson and DDL.

I agree with your logic here, but like, who is looking back on As Good As It Gets as an iconic performance? I mean I dig it but it's just jack nicholson being jack nicholsony.

Edited by cooliod1
  • Like 1

Yeah, like Nicholson, Hanks doesn't need an "iconic" performance to win again, just a showy and appealing one in a hit movie. That and light competition.

yep theres not much competition for lead this year.

Edited by Halba