Impact

Best Actress predictions-2015

44 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Larson is locked, Ronan is near locked, and the other 3 spots are basically a giant "who knows" between these women:

Blanchett

Rampling

Lawrence

Vikander

Blunt 

Theron

Blanchett is also a lock, so make that 3. Mara will definitely end up in Lead as well if they don't buy the fraud.

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

In which case Blanchett is out, so she's not a lock. 

Uh, Blanchett is in. It's not even a question. People like Blunt and Theron are pipe dreams at best (love you Ems but this will not be the year you finally get recognized).

Edited by filmlover

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

In which case Blanchett is out, so she's not a lock. 

But Mara won't be lead. The BAFTAs had an opportunity to go for Mara in Carol in lead (which they obviously loved) and instead chose to go with Alicia from TDG in lead and double-nom her for TDG and Ex Machina. They had a prime opportunity to reverse the category fraud, but didn't. So the Academy won't follow suit. 

I see Larson and Ronan and Blanchett as locks. Vikander is a lock to a least get nommed for this movie (lead if she also gets in for Ex Machina, Supporting if no Ex Machina) and then I guess probably Rampling or Blunt or something like that? Don't think Maggie Smith would happen again, but in such a crapshoot year who the fuck knows. 

Let's put it this way: if the Golden Globes, the only major awards organization that has recognized her so far and has done so multiple times (including Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, of all things), couldn't be bothered to nominate Emily Blunt this year, don't expect the Academy to do so either.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Let's put it this way: if the Golden Globes, the only major awards organization that has recognized her so far and has done so multiple times (including Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, of all things), couldn't be bothered to nominate Emily Blunt this year, don't expect the Academy to do so either.

Well, we only really have 3 / 4 real contenders this year depending on category placement and 1 or 2 spots completely open. Blunt doesn't seem like the logical choice, but does anyone else? 

Rampling I guess since she got some love, but if even the BAFTAs who should've loved her given that she's a veteran, respected, overdue and a Brit, ignored her for a phoned in Maggie Smith :wub: performance that no one saw from months ago, I sincerely doubt her power. 

Theron is in Mad Max, I don't think it'll get anything above the line except Picture. It's way too far out there despite all the love and support for it. Least of all acting.  

Lawrence, I don't even wanna think about. Though I doubt. Yes she won the GG, but against no real competition. She's in a move Hollywood obviously hates in her millionth DOR production. She's been nominated way too often recently so the Academy is probably tired of her and will probably give her a rest for a year or 2. 

So maybe Blunt? I'm not saying that she's likely, but there is some chance still. 

I still think Lawrence is in, tbh. Yes, Joy is dead everywhere else but it's still a great performance despite the rest of the movie itself being very much flawed. Besides, there have certainly been instances of actors getting in for movies that awards season also-rans (like Penelope Cruz, who got an afterglow nomination for a one-time presumed frontrunner that turned out to be both a critical and box office dud despite the fact she didn't have much to do in the little amount of screen time she had).

20 hours ago, filmlover said:

I still think Lawrence is in, tbh. Yes, Joy is dead everywhere else but it's still a great performance despite the rest of the movie itself being very much flawed. Besides, there have certainly been instances of actors getting in for movies that awards season also-rans (like Penelope Cruz, who got an afterglow nomination for a one-time presumed frontrunner that turned out to be both a critical and box office dud despite the fact she didn't have much to do in the little amount of screen time she had).

The Iron Lady...