Asyulus

Rate the Hunger Games Movies

2 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

That wasn't what the conversation was about though? You said that it didn't make sense how there could be a full field of victors for the Quell when there were 59 victors to choose from, did you not?

Not at all, I just wanted you to understand how ludicriously unlikely the scenario is.

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Not at all, I just wanted you to understand how ludicriously unlikely the scenario is.

Oh but you did, though. Don't lie to me.

Also something I didn't understand was how they had a full field in the 75th Quarter Quell when it was made up from victors only, there were only 59 victors to choose from.

I did the maths and it's less than a 1% chance. It's a massive oversite by the author and is honestly lazy, why would a person who cares so little about numbers make a book about a game.

Don't try and turn around and say that you didn't come for the author. Not to mention that you "did the maths" wrong. Less than 1% chance my ass. Even if it was a relatively small chance, it's not zero percent, so it makes perfect sense that each district had at least 1 girl and 1 boy victor to fill up the Quell. Thanks, boo. 

200.gif

Edited by angeldelmito

5 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

Oh but you did, though. Don't lie to me.

Don't try and turn around and say that you didn't come for the author. Not to mention that you "did the maths" wrong. Less than 1% chance my ass. Even if it was a relatively small chance, it's not zero percent, so it makes perfect sense that each district had at least 1 girl and 1 boy victor to fill up the Quell. Thanks, boo. 

Sure thats what I meant by the scenario being ludicriously unlikely, bad writing.

Sure thats what I meant by the scenario being ludicriously unlikely, bad writing.

.......Did you not read what you wrote? 

"It's a massive oversite by the author and is honestly lazy, why would a person who cares so little about numbers make a book about a game."

You called her writing lazy, you dip. I also like how you just ignored the rest of the comment because you know that you're wrong.

Not to mention that you're picking at straws here. Is this seriously a reason why you didn't like the movie as much? It was unlikely to happen? Tf?

2 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

.......Did you not read what you wrote? 

"It's a massive oversite by the author and is honestly lazy, why would a person who cares so little about numbers make a book about a game."

You called her writing lazy, you dip. I also like how you just ignored the rest of the comment because you know that you're wrong.

bad writing can be attributed to laziness

3 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

Not to mention that you're picking at straws here. Is this seriously a reason why you didn't like the movie as much? It was unlikely to happen? Tf?

You're putting words in my mouth here, it was a side note which you turned into a debate.

bad writing can be attributed to laziness

shut the fuck up, lmao. alright so now you're calling her writing bad. You've just proven your own point wrong. Either way you came for her. Your annoyance has been dismissed.

Edited by angeldelmito
  • Like 1

You're putting words in my mouth here, it was a side note which you turned into a debate.

I didn't turn it into a debate. I told you off telling you that it did make sense, but you kept coming at me with irrelevant shit. In the end that side note was still damn wrong. 

tumblr_inline_nvb73r6PRi1r6qvym_500.gif

Edited by angeldelmito
  • Like 1

Wow, what a meltdown :D

I have seen that criticism before, btw, and have also thought about it. It is highly unlikely. There is worse stuff in that books when it comes to writing than that constructed 75th quell.

Anyway:

THG 8/10

CF 7.5/10

MJ2 5/10

MJ1 4/10

The narrower the overall view on the HG universe the more I actually liked it...

• Like 1

I have thought about it too, and i don't think it's a big mistake. Maybe the Gamemakers tried to give at least a couple of victors to each District, so they can think they actually have a chance to win. Knowing that nobody was able to win the Games from your District is depressing. It's still unlikely that every District has a male and female winner (though if they haven't, Snow could've made another rule to bring Katniss back easily), but i've seen much worse coincidences in other movies or even in the HG universe, but the audience ignores them.

Like in TFA (spoiler obviously):

Spoiler

Rey meets BB8.

Finn meets Rey and BB8. The TIE fighter crashes few miles from the town and not 100 or 1000 miles away. What is the probability of this? 0.00001%?

The Millenium Falcon is in the same town.

After they escaped, Han Solo finds them, he is there in the exact same time.

Rey finds Luke's lightsaber on Maz's planet.

Etc.

And you can find these things in almost every movie. It's not lazy writing, it's fiction. Anything can happen in a book or movie.

Edited by misafeco
  • Like 1

Thg A-

CF   A-

M1  B+

M2 B+

But I can't separate the fact that I didn't like the last book as much as the first two from how I rate the movies.  Strictly speaking, I should only be grading the skill in presenting the stories, but the first two stories I liked better than the third. 

And NOT because I needed more games, I just came to care for the characters and didn't like where they ended up.

• Like 2