kayumanggi

THE BELKO EXPERIMENT | 03.17.17 | BH Tilt | current gross ● 9.72 M

9 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Hearing this is not good. Bummer. Oh well, I'll just add Battle Royale to my queue and finally watch it then. 

It's not terrible, but it's just another horror film. I was slightly disappointed. It could have used more comedy to lighten the mood, because the premise--while unique--was taken very seriously. It shouldn't have been.

Also, I was the only person who attended the 6:15 PM showing at one of the local theaters. I don't expect Marquee to carry it for more than three weeks.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mulder said:

I feel like this was the wrong time for this kind of movie. The current climate and recent events has made the idea of people mass murdering each other just...not that enjoyable imo.

Or it's just that the film is shit and was given a "eh, whatever" release.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mulder said:

I feel like this was the wrong time for this kind of movie. The current climate and recent events has made the idea of people mass murdering each other just...not that enjoyable imo.

Yeah, the posters on the last pages featuring bloodied-up office workers/equipment and those taglines brought to mind (for me anyway) mass shootings and terror attacks, the aftermath... :( Definitely not a good time at the movies, IDK if a different ad strategy was in order, but maybe they were trying to be the anti-BatB?

A couple years ago I might have seen at some point it for Fitz, er, Tony Goldwyn, but Scandal has really dropped off from its peak.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 2

I think the movie works if you interpret it as a satire for the office work environment, it could work. But it's still jarring. There's no sense of dread going on, and it's just people killing each other and going paranoid. Plus, there are sudden jump cuts to people being murdered after one-off jokes are made. They had no emotional impact. It's like the filmmakers were trying to funny, but it didn't click with me.

The best part is this one long shot scene that actually did make me go "Ooooooo." But this movie was an opportunity to do something different, and it just feels like an unnecessary comedy.

• Like 2