CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

The thing that always happens with such a huge break-out is I want to see the movie again, lol. I should probably save it for Avengers weekend; I can only afford to see one movie twice

(And if I decide Furious 7 is better than Avengers, then I'll just see Furious 7 that weekend haha)

• Like 1

Also as a box office Nerd if Fast 7 does over 50 million day business on Friday, that will be a very very very impressive box office achievement. 

Only 3 films ever have ever done that.

Particularly given the April opening. Those other three had the coveted first May weekend.

• Like 3

Be prepared for some big drops. It's saturday number will be down 10-15% from Friday (without previews) and 40% on Sunday. Friday will be more than 50% of the weekend maybe. Still amazing but it's not going to make $140

Saturday tomorrow is minimum 45 million plus.

Even with the insane Good Friday here, shows look like they will be full all day tomorrow as well. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

But you didn't cry at The Winter Soldier, shame on you Telemachos.

Eh, neither did I, but I got real close during the Steve/Peggy scene. 

The last few movies where I had a good cry in the end were Perks of Being a Wall Flower, Mysterious Skin, Man On Fire and Pearl Harbor (go figure)