abra

Tuesday FF7 ~13.2m

I got caught up in the same thing when Furious 6 opened to $117M over Memorial Day weekend... Some dreamed of $275M+, some even $300M+. Then, it finished with just under $240M DOM. I could see as much as $350M for 7 but no higher. And, honestly, I don't really see it grossing $350M. I'm more so thinking $315M to $335M.

Plus, I do think Avengers will be looming over everything in a couple of weeks and that's going to effect things.

I just want my Sniper club to happen because Furious 7 is about a billion times better of a film than American Shitter.

Beautiful number btw.

No.

• Like 1

Please bear with me, I may be a tad rusty...

Wed: 9.25m (-30%)

Thurs: 8.60m (-7%)

Fri: 19.35m (+125%)

Sat: 24.20m (+25%)

Sun: 14.50m (-40%)

Weekend: 58.05m (-60.6%) (250.3m cume)

So predicting the grosses through the week, I'd wager:

Wed: 10.0 (-24%)

Thurs: 9.5 (-5%)

Fri: 19.0 (+100%)

Sat: 26.6 (+40%)

Sun: 16.0 (-40%)

Weekend: 61.6m (255m+ cume)

Going with Fake. :P

Furious multipliers:

Fast 6 - 2.45x

Fast 5 - 2.43x

Fast 4 - 2.19x

Fast 3 - 2.62x

Fast 2 - 2.52x

Fast 1- 3.6x

Maybe you can argue that Paul Walker's death gives F7 slightly better legs and somehow it manages a 2.5x, but even that's a reach given the huge opening.

Your post makes sense, but there's clearly been room for growth with this franchise.

Maybe these huge numbers get people's attention and makes it the first big event movie of the year for a lot of folks. Hearing about the Paul Walker farewell factor may encourage more people than usual to see this now in the theaters instead of waiting 4 months to watch at home.

• Like 1

Your post makes sense, but there's clearly been room for growth with this franchise.

Maybe these huge numbers get people's attention and makes it the first big event movie of the year for a lot of folks. Hearing about the Paul Walker farewell factor may encourage more people than usual to see this now in the theaters instead of waiting 4 months to watch at home.

Right, which is why I think a 2.5x is possible. Beyond that, I'm pretty skeptical.

• Like 1