abra

Tuesday FF7 ~13.2m

I'm amazed at how FF7 is performing, I thought it would collapse a la Twilight. It will drop hard this weekend, but not as hard as I expected. I think a 32% on Wednesday ($9) and a 7% on Thrusday ($8,3), then a 88% jump on Friday ($15,6), 35% on Saturday (21,1) and a 38% drop on Sunday $13.

first weekend: $191,8

second weekend: $49,7 (-66,7%) / $241,5

Yea, you're lowballing it big time.  No reason for it to drop 65% this weekend.

• Like 1

Universal Intl after today 8-apr will have crossed 1bil in Intl BO for the year

Universal is killing it this year and I don't think they'll relinquish their lead to Disney until Star Wars opens. TA2 will make a billion dollars on its own. They also have Inside Out and Antman but JW, Minions, PP2 and Ted 2 will balance them out and more

• Like 1

I've almost been afraid to post this, but I think Universal has a shot at #1 for the year if their upcoming key films perform to potential.

They have a shot but TA2 and Star Wars will be just too big to overcome. I mean you can safely bet on TA2 and SW7 combine to make $2.5 billion worldwide. That's just insane.

very lazy question.  I am going to work out my summer predictions tonight and i am wondering.....    what are the threads i can feature my official predictions.  I see Baumers summer questions is pinned.  is there anything else i should know?   thank yuo!  

(and to post something relative to this topic, I went through 2009-2015 daily numbers for the weekday numbers following Easter to make predix for next weekend.  I realized the Easter Monday thing so I got that worked in well.  But all numbers fell on Tuesday.  All kids movies fell about 25%.  Yesterday was far far different from the 7 years of daily comparisons.  If Wednesday does not drop hard, then percentage increases from Thurs-Fri will be uncomparable.)

• Like 1

I've almost been afraid to post this, but I think Universal has a shot at #1 for the year if their upcoming key films perform to potential.

Through December 31? If not Disney has AOU+VII and can't forget Ant-Man.

very lazy question.  I am going to work out my summer predictions tonight and i am wondering.....    what are the threads i can feature my official predictions.  I see Baumers summer questions is pinned.  is there anything else i should know?   thank yuo!  

(and to post something relative to this topic, I went through 2009-2015 daily numbers for the weekday numbers following Easter to make predix for next weekend.  I realized the Easter Monday thing so I got that worked in well.  But all numbers fell on Tuesday.  All kids movies fell about 25%.  Yesterday was far far different from the 7 years of daily comparisons.  If Wednesday does not drop hard, then percentage increases from Thurs-Fri will be uncomparable.)

The AOU thread I keep track of predicts check the 2nd post. Various clubs such as AOU over 230M OW, over 650M or over 1.2B (I think this is the number). Also check the summer lineup and there are threads for them as well as clubs.

anigif_enhanced-13092-1404848989-8.gif

WEDNESDAY:

Furious 7 - 9.32 (-30%)

Home - 3.32 (-23%)

Cinderella - 1.42 (-21%)

Ged Hard - 1.2 (-22%)

Insurgent - 0.97 (-24%)

That is an ugly Fast 7 number.

Thanks, and glad to see you back. Hopefully you will stay for the Summer :D

They have a shot but TA2 and Star Wars will be just too big to overcome. I mean you can safely bet on TA2 and SW7 combine to make $2.5 billion worldwide. That's just insane.

But star wars will make only 70% of its total this year. December movies are not known for the opening weekends.

Edited by samsha22

Universal is killing it this year and I don't think they'll relinquish their lead to Disney until Star Wars opens. TA2 will make a billion dollars on its own. They also have Inside Out and Antman but JW,

Minions, PP2 and Ted 2 will balance them out and more

The Boy Next Door (solid low-budget hit) 

50 Shades (solid mid-budget hit) 

Furious 7 (blockbuster) 

Unfriended (huge buzz could give it a $40-60 million OW, great for a micro-budget horror) 

Pitch Perfect 2 (if it doubles the original's WW gross, it's a win) 

Jurassic World (blockbuster) 

Ted 2 (even if it decreases from the original, the budget is low enough to be successful) 

Minions (blockbuster) 

Trainwreck (looks like a female-driven late summer sleeper hit... $100-120 million DOM) 

Straight Outta Compton (mid-level budget biopic... unlike Get on Up, I think it'll hit with urban audiences... $100-120 million DOM) 

The Visit (mid-level horror)

Everest (mid-level 3D thriller)

Steve Jobs (mid-level Oscar bait drama)

Crimson Peak (as the big horror film for October, this should do solid enough) 

Jem and the Holograms (mid-level musical)

Krampus (mid-level horror comedy)

Sisters (mid-level female-targeting comedy... perfect counterprogramming against Star Wars)

Universal seems to be following the method many suggest (sans Blackhat and Seventh Son lol) where studios invest in numerous low budget/mid budget films and only have 3-4 tentpoles. 

Smart strategy on their part  :)

Edited by mahnamahna