kayumanggi

THE 33 | 11.13.15 | Warner Brothers | final domestic gross: $12,227,722

"The 33" tells the real life story of the 33 Chilean miners who were trapped more than 200 stories underground enduring 100 degrees Fahrenheit beneath a megaton boulder twice the size of the Empire State Building for 69 days following the collapse of the San Jose copper and gold mine. The film, which is a never before seen look at what happened deep inside that mine and chronicles the disaster, the heroic efforts to reach the miners, and the subsequent successful rescue of all 33 men. The film, which was shot in real working mines in Colombia and Chile, recounts some of the emotional personal stories behind the gripping incident and also features several of the real news reporters from around the world who captured the actual event. The rescue became a global broadcast news event that captivated the attention of over 1 billion people worldwide. The 33 miners’ ordeal represents the longest underground survival story in history.

That trailer was pretty manipulative, but honestly, it could en up being a decent survival movie. Looks like we have quite a few of those coming up with this, Everest, and Finest Hours.

San Andreas' marketing was ridiculously manipulative too. I think it is just part of the genre.

But Say Something is almost hilariously fitting, yet still effective.

• Like 1