Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Great movie, liked it a lot.  Wouldn't say that I loved it, but I thought it was solid.  I will say that I loved Ultron, though.  He some great lines.

The audience liked the movie and seemed happy with it, but for whatever reason they *really* enjoyed every scene with Thor's hammer. 

The bit at the party where everyone tries to pick the hammer up got more cheers and applause and whatnot than any of the fight scenes, and when Vision hands Thor his hammer before the final big fight the audience *LOST IT*.  An entirely full theater gasped in unison and whispered to each other "HE PICKED IT UP!  DO YOU SEE HIM PICKING IT UP?"  Nothing else in the movie was even in the ballpark in terms of audience impact.  It was kinda bizarre.

Did anyone else see that kind of reaction?

Audience was pretty quiet through the previews (Terminator was actually the one that got the biggest response, interestingly enough), until the end when we did indeed get the SW7 trailer. The audience cheered at basically everything through the entire trailer, and at the end when Han has his "We're home" line the guy sitting next to me blurted out "Oh my god!" and then in his excitement accidentally flipped his nachos up into the air (yes, the Oh My God definitely preceeded the flipping).  Funniest thing I've ever seen happen in a movie theater. 

• Like 1

I've been to the Vineland drive-in twice. Not that great for VFX heavy movies to be honest, but otherwise it is a cool experience. Apparently Johnny Rockets is planning on setting up 200 new drive-ins over the next year or so.

I haven't been in years. But that's interesting about Johnny rockets

Wow. I'm getting this fight for free on Sony Six HD.

Don't have to cough up some dough like I used to back in the US.

Sony Six is pretty good with US based sports, they showed the Superbowl and I think the NBA playoffs as well. They have no cricket rights (apart from NZ I think), so they are building a channel around offbeat sports for Indians.

Sony Six is pretty good with US based sports, they showed the Superbowl and I think the NBA playoffs as well. They have no cricket rights (apart from NZ I think), so they are building a channel around offbeat sports for Indians.

+1

I was just channel surfing and found it. It is about to start in a few minutes.

I did ask where they were. Look, I'd rather be watching the fight right now.

And we told you. You didn't ask us to be your Google locator. :lol:  I had a house full of people and they all left after the game to go and watch the fight.

Yeah, I saw it again this evening and they did the same thing.. THOR had the best lines..

I really loved Thor in this movie.

+1

I was just channel surfing and found it. It is about to start in a few minutes.

They are delaying the start. A lot of cable providers systems have malfunctioned due to extreme demand, and they are playing the delay game till they can get the cable and satellite back up in the US.

They are delaying the start. A lot of cable providers systems have malfunctioned due to extreme demand, and they are playing the delay game till they can get the cable and satellite back up in the US.

National anthems being rendered. Jamie Fox for US national anthem

Edited by jb007

Its opening on AVATAR weekend, that time of year is about legs not record breaking numbers.

150mil opening weekend and a 100+mil Christmas weekend is all but guaranteed imo.

Some record breaking numbers. :lol: