Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

I think Fast 7 may end up beating TA1 WW as well.

Easily most legendary WW performance since Avatar.

Also it would mean in tickets sold especially as it played well in developing markets, biggest global hit since Avatar.

ezgif-1196745117.gif

Edited by Lordmandeep

FF7 will be AOU and could potentially beat SW7 too. Overseas audiences went crazy for it. I don't get it. 

If you look in NA, FF is really popular with minority groups as well.

So why wouldn't it be popular in the homeland of those groups? 

I think a lot of us knew PP2 was going to be big but that is just astrinomical.  I think WOM seems good to great but I think even it was incredible this kind of film does have a ceiling.  Don't think it hits 200, and has a huge drop next week.  Still, it's a phenomenal showing and and proves that there are so many underserved demos out there right now.  

Also a truly great result for MM.  Anyone saying this is disappointing is delusional, this could have easily been another Lone Ranger type situation and is very niche to begin with it.  

• Like 2

I think a lot of us knew PP2 was going to be big but that is just astrinomical.  I think WOM seems good to great but I think even it was incredible this kind of film does have a ceiling.  Don't think it hits 200, and has a huge drop next week.  Still, it's a phenomenal showing and and proves that there are so many underserved demos out there right now.  

Also a truly great result for MM.  Anyone saying this is disappointing is delusional, this could have easily been another Lone Ranger type situation and is very niche to begin with it.  

Doubt it. Tomorrowland and Poltergeist are zero competition for PP2, there hasn't been anything solid for teen girls since Insurgent, and it's a holiday weekend.

$55-60 million 4 day likely. It'll drop like a rock after next week, though due to Aloha and Spy. 

I'd say the utter lack of a true kids movie right now will get it to a $45-50 million 4 day at the least. 

$25-30 million for the 4 day would be an absolute bomb... and probably would set San Andreas up for a $45-50 million OW. And also build some pent-up demand from families once Inside Out comes out. 

SA is opening in that range, at least, with or without a Tomorrowland success.

Edited by PDC1987