CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers One | September 20, 2024 | Prequel | Paramount | Animated

8 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Also hoping they ditch the lore, so that Optimus and Megatron become boyfriends at the end. They're kinda cute when they're working together lol

That whole convoluted backstory at the beginning gave off big Lightyear vibes. That was not the Pixar influence I had in mind. 

Edited by AniNate

10 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Also hoping they ditch the lore, so that Optimus and Megatron become boyfriends at the end. They're kinda cute when they're working together lol

The current cartoon has a decent amount of that, and it's post-war so they won't have a falling out

• Like 1

I wish we could ditch bored movie stars introducing trailers. It always looks like a hostage video. It's even more annoying than when directors thank me for showing up to a theater at the start of a movie.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Now going head-to-head against Wild Robot after being pushed back a week so I assume the latter is moving.

Part of me wants it to stay put and dare TF to stay on that date, but honestly it'd probably be better off just moving to October. Still would have a good gap until the next mainstream animation. 

Transformers One looks alright. The humor looks to be the weak spot but I’m excited to see the relationship between Optimus and Megatron. The Paramount Animation label is officially dead and the term Paramount Animation just applies to their animated slate as not even the logo was shown in the logline ending or credits.

• Like 1

Disney's not looking to move Moana, so I feel Uni should move Wild Robot to November 1st and kickstart the holiday season. Or even the 8th. There's nothing on those weekends, so it can still stand out in the marketplace and get a nice Thanksgiving hold.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, Eric Atreides said:

Disney's not looking to move Moana, so I feel Uni should move Wild Robot to November 1st and kickstart the holiday season. Or even the 8th. There's nothing on those weekends, so it can still stand out in the marketplace and get a nice Thanksgiving hold.

We'll see I guess...

There should be a second trailer with either Garfield, IO2, or DM4.

I think early October would be good enough. Trailer does give off early autumn vibes and it'd be decent counter programming for Joker. Honestly the further away wild robot is from the next big family release the better even if it's not a "traditional" frame. I can see Uni/Focus bumping that Pharrell Lego movie to early November though, since it seems like something where it's primarily aimed at a specialty audience but they'll take the open minded family strays where they can 

Edited by AniNate

Just now, Eric Atreides said:

It's still really strange how no one has moved anything up to early November after Venom pivoted dates while we have Gladiator 2/Moana 2/Wicked crowded in that pre-Thanksgiving through holiday weekend frame. Those movies must be worried that they won't be around to enjoy the Christmas through New Year's stretch since everything released pre-Thanksgiving tends to be a goner by the time the avalanche of releases that usually fight for screen space over the Christmas frame arrive.