K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Here's something to think about to realize how big of a surprise this OW is:

Barring JW dropping like a rock.....JW's second Weekend could be around what a lot of people were predicting for it's OW.

Think about that!!!

• Like 2

I really don't know how to describe this to you guys.

This is a very religious town. We don't sell out shows on Sunday morning. ESPECIALLY the very first show in our 2nd largest theater.

We've sold out every 2D show so far today. Both big houses and everything in between. Demand is so high now that our 3D show in the theater with NO A/C in June sold out.

If this pace keeps up, we will like hit another 6,000 people today, maybe even 7,000.

Religious? They're creationists. They think JW is Kirk Cameron's new nature documentary.

• Like 1

Is FF7's 740m (350m + 390m) a record for the highest domestic+china gross? Wonder if JW can beat that.

By 2020 we will have a film that does 1b dom+china.

Lol, how could you forget about Avatar!

760 + 205 (China) = 965M

Jurassic World 3D IMAX  125 min.  PG13

No Emerald VIP after 6PM / No Pass / No Coupon *Add'l Charges May Apply*

StadiumSeating.gifimax.gif

4:05 PM Sold-Out 7 PM  10 PM

I noticed when checking showtimes at my local theatre, IMAX is selling out more than the 2D shows that are still wide open, but expected when you show this on the hour, by the hour..

I'd imagine IMAX is less of a walk up thing and more buy in advance.

Thanks bud.. Now hopefully I will get a chance to go see this, but not today.. Gotta work tonight and that theatre is CRAZY.. Maybe I am wrong and this will beat TA OW in which case, Cheers to Universal for doing it.. Bring on the sequel, but don't wait to long to do so..

In the grand scheme of things movies don't matter, family is what matters most.

• Like 1