K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I really don't think they're going to fudge 4M to beat TA OW.. 204M is a fucking hell of a lot and no point in fudging cause it'll look obvious.. If it were off by 1M or so, sure, but not as much as 4M they won't fudge..

Furious 7 and 50 Shades of Grey were underestimated by U$3.5M as well, so...this doesn't make sense? Universal could very well be playing it safe with these numbers.

I really don't think they're going to fudge 4M to beat TA OW.. 204M is a fucking hell of a lot and no point in fudging cause it'll look obvious.. If it were off by 1M or so, sure, but not as much as 4M they won't fudge..

They don't have to fudge, the projected Sunday drop is too large.

No. That would be a ridiculous, unprecedented Sunday drop and we already have widespread sellout reports just like yesterday.

You are pretty dense man, all the #s so far are estimates. Each day could fall $1-2m easily & Sunday hasn't really happened yet with some major cultural events tonight. Your biased tone in your posts is what's ridiculous.

Edited by GiantCALBears

Judging by reactions on twitter, nobody cares about it being "2nd" domestic, everyone treats the WW record and talking about the amazing box office success.

I guess Universal knew they could get twice the "record breaking" headlines this way.

Haha, you can't be that naive.

It's fell 50-56% usually, it's in its 5th week, it just lost 700 locations. Yet it falls 20% when a $200m+ film opens.

Which just so happens to be from the same studio.

Disney did it with Cinderella when AOU opened.

So rth is fudging it too?

TA was underestimated by $7M.

• Like 2

You are pretty dense man, all the #s so far are estimates. Each day could fall $1-2m easily & Sunday hasn't really happened yet with some major cultural events tonight. Your biased gone in your posts is what's ridiculous.

Back to your personal attacks, nice. The Friday estimate didn't change, was confirmed by rth, and we're in Sunday already

• Like 2

Judging by reactions on twitter, nobody cares about it being "2nd" domestic, everyone treats the WW record and talking about the amazing box office success.

I guess Universal knew they could get twice the "record breaking" headlines this way.

I think that is correct but we don't take ww opening here that seriously as we know fast 7 would have handily won if it opened everywhere.

Like previous ww records are 3 day or 4 day or 5 day or includes China or not.

A domestic openinh record is not subjected to such things.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Oh FFS.. I understand ESTIMATES Fully.. But being off by 4M to beat TA and al of a sudden, it does it will definitely make it look obvious.. This is gong to be funny if this misses TA OW by a million or so cause it's YOU folks that'll have the meltdown, not me.. I've actually been pretty composed for the most part, 99% of this site is hell bent on this happening and I can't help but to think that if it doesn't beat TA OW, There will actually be people disappointed in this..

So was TA "fudged" by 7m?

• Like 4

It's not a sure thing OW record is going down. In fact there is just as much of a chance it falls to $200m or lower. Some of you squabbling back & forth are funny though. This is such mind boggling outperformance.

So you think it will drop 30% today. Now I know you're clueless.

• Like 1

I think that is correct but we don't take ww opening here that seriously as we know fast 7 would have handily won if it opened everywhere.

You know that, I know that. The GA just sees a global record being broken. They don't know and don't care that it has to do with different release dates, they just hear that JW broke a huge record and made a shit ton of money.

BKB, even Ultron increased from the estimated $187.7M to an actual of $191.2M. Avengers also increased from its estimate. It happens. The only question becomes how hard of hit will the late matinee/evening screenings take due to the NBA Finals Game 5. It might be just enough to stop it from breaking the OW record. Probably not though... I think it takes by a little over $1M.