K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

They didn't try to get him back. Trevorrow said he felt like bringing the old cast back would be like going to your old school and seeing how old the teachers got. He felt it would make people sad instead of nostalgic.

They need some kind of gimmick to keep the franchise in the big leagues.

JP5 is going to drop either way but they probably want to keep the domestic gross above 500 m somehow.

LOL. Avengers rehash 2.0 ain't topping JW, TA or AOU.

Civil War isn't really an Avengers rehash, whether it tops JW or not, which it won't, for obvious reasons. 

Edited by Insidearcher

The Dark Knights sunday admissions would of been higher than Jurassic Worlds

How can you say that? It adjusts to 49m and the actuals for JW haven't even come in yet. If it makes 57m + then no it would not have been higher.

Edited by jessie

Civil War isn't really an Avengers rehash, whether it tops JW or not, which it won't, for obvious reasons. 

Yes it is, almsot every Avengers character is gonna be in it. How the GA is gonna see it it is already determined.

How can you say that? It adjusts to 59m and the actualy for JW haven't even come in yet. If it makes 57m + then no it would not have been higher.

You have to add in 3D and bigger premium format screens

You have to add in 3D and bigger premium format screens

yeah, so you're saying it would have made 20% more due to 3d and premium formatting? 3d prices aren't even 20% more than 2d tickets so sorry but I don't see it.

Yes it is, almsot every Avengers character is gonna be in it. How the GA is gonna see it it is already determined.

You don't speak for the entire general audience. They could see thing differently, and plus it's an entirely new story-line. I've read the comics, it's not a rehash of the first Avengers in the slightest, other then some of the jokes probably. 

Having all of the other characters from the first two films, does not make it a rehash. 

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 2

I honestly think that's why it was close at all. Probably gonna be just under $209M. Without the finals, it probably does close to or over $60M Sunday. Instead it did just over $55M.

$209 million is merely Deadline's projection, and they're usually awful. Let's wait for actuals either way.

LOL. Avengers rehash 2.0 ain't topping JW, TA or AOU.

Let me play out a scenario for you.

The Civil War trailer has more views on YouTube than any other movie.

When it premieres ahead of the release date, tweets are overwhelmingly positive.

Why would a movie with the Avengers make less than AOU with so much buzz?

yeah, so you're saying it would have made 20% more due to 3d and premium formatting? 3d prices aren't even 20% more than 2d tickets so sorry but I don't see it.

If 209 is correct than JW had a 56m Sunday. Dark Knight adjusts to 49. 3D probably adds somewhere between 10-15%

No No No No

We can't wait for the actuals

Let's have more conjecture and guessing and concurring and denial and wrath and hatred and agreement and nodding and spitting and cuddling

We still have an hour or so

Edited by o1nk