grim22

JURASSIC WORLD WEEKEND ACTUALS | TRIPLE RECORD!!!! (DOM - 208.8M; OS - 315.3M; WW - 524.1M). DOWN GOES AVENGERS.

I guess Dinos are back.

At this point, Disney execs are probably trying to figure out how to do a Devil Dinosaur movie.

They'll probably be telling themselves "it's a super dinosaur in a superhero universe", its Godzilla+JW with the Marvel logo slammed in front.

Come on Disney, make it happen and try and get $2bn at the box office.

Just to show how close this weekend was

Jw

Ta

I always knew the record for Ta is going down it would have to be a back loaded weekend not front loaded.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

This is Dmc redux in 2015.

No point looking at imdb and online scores to judge wom.

The casual audience see a film.that looks enticing and heard its of good value and will watch it.

Not everything has to be tdk to have great legs.

• Like 1

Before anyone starts that 5 extra hours crap or saying JW had inlfation advantage, I wanna post this again.

JW got the record. No ifs ands or buts.

the same can't be said about WW OW record though. JW opened in most countries on Thursday, Wednesday in some some markets, including its second biggest market, China.

So yeah, DH2 still has the moral WW OW record. 

:P  :lol:  :ph34r:

Edited by Goffe

the same can't be said about WW OW record though. JW opened in most countries on Thursday, some of them even opened on Wednesday, including its second biggest market.

So yeah, DH2 still has the moral WW OW record. 

:P  :lol:  :ph34r:

We all know that Fast 7 would win that record. 

This is Dmc redux in 2015.

No point looking at imdb and online scores to judge wom.

The casual audience see a film.that looks enticing and heard its of good value and will watch it.

Not everything has to be tdk to have great legs.

Agree with the DMC comparison, but I think the ending of this one blows DMC out of the water. DMC had a somewhat controversial ending with the cliffhanger. The movie was also way too long at 2.5 hours.

• Like 1

This movie made more in one weekend then Godzilla did in its entire run.

Lmgdao.

When you start going down the rabbit hole of comparing this with other movies and even the tracking/predictions for this movie, it gets funny real fast. Lost World was huge in 1997 at almost $230m. JP4 will blow past that number with Monday's gross, lol. It's pure insanity how this thing is overperforming.

• Like 1