grim22

Monday #s: Jurassic World 25.34M | DOWN GOES TDK MONDAY

It does when someone says no one is doing something. Then, even anecdotal evidence is plenty.

Like saying no one loves this movie for reasons other than nostalgia when there are tons of tweets detailing other reasons.

Obviously, I know it's not everyone doing it, but it sure is a lot.  

Like a lot, a lot.

Nothing wrong with nostalgia as long as it's the good kind. This movie delivers it in spades and has one of the best endings of any blockbuster movie I've seen in a long time.

I wanted dinosaur subtitles, would have been hilarious! 

Been listening to John Williams' JP theme quite a bit this evening. Was surprised to find in my iTunes library that it's my most played Williams theme over the years. Might sound blasphemous but I think it might be his best work, even better than Star Wars. The various JP themes are just wonderful music.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

saw it today with my wife and son. All three of us thought it was great. a lot of fun and much better than I thought it would be. Kicked the crap out of the last two sequels. Extremely satisfying ending as well.

My son loved the whole story line with the Raptors. 

My wife thought that they spent just the right amount time setting up the story and characters before getting to the rampaging, lol.

Definitely a must own when it hits blu-ray. 

I loved Bryce Dallas Howard s character arc.

From stone cold bitch to T rex Amazon !

Sue me.

Me too.

I still honestly don't get the criticism towards her. She's the character with the most complete arc and has the best hero moment.

Seriously, the people who glomp onto the heels thing as if that's the most important thing.

Me too.

I still honestly don't get the criticism towards her. She's the character with the most complete arc and has the best hero moment.

Seriously, the people who glomp onto the heels thing as if that's the most important thing.

I liked her a lot. The heels thing seems like one of those nitpicks where it depends on whether you really enjoyed the movie or not. If you liked it you probably don't give a rat's rear, but if you didn't like it then you're more likely bothered by it. You can complain about this kind of thing in every single big budget action movie released each year. There is always something to nitpick if you want to do it.

• Like 3

Me too.

Personally, I thought it was both hilarious and awesome that she had the heels on the entire damn time.

• Like 4

I liked her a lot. The heels thing seems like one of those nitpicks where it depends on whether you really enjoyed the movie or not. If you liked it you probably don't give a rat's rear, but if you didn't like it then you're more likely bothered by it. You can complain about this kind of thing in every single big budget action movie released each year. There is always something to nitpick if you want to do it.

I liked her, she was not useless like many heroines or too Manly either .

People  call for stronger  female characters and they end up acting like guys   :lol:

Personally, I thought it was both hilarious and awesome that she had the heels on the entire damn time.

People dont understand that subtlety the film was also mocking female heroine stereotypes as well in the film. 

she was running and Pratt offered his hand as a gentleman and she just kept running.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 2

Owen literally commented on her shoes.

It was completely self aware.

Oh, and if anyone thinks there aren't women that leave their heels on no matter what, go over to YouTube and search for "Mariah Carey MTV Cribs".

Edited by Telemachos

Imo the most Iconic scene ne of the film was Pratt on the Motorcycle and riding with the Raptors.

Oh that's totally the most iconic scene, but I think Claire had a more active role in the big climax scene (IE she got to be the hero).

Should I spoiler tag this even if it's not specific?