jb007

Tuesday Actuals: JW 24.3M | DOWN GOES TDK TUESDAY | Not the Spielberg, Cameron, or Nolan thread!

The Avatar sequels aren't touching the original.

Lol Hmmm Terminator 2 vs Terminator,  Alien vs Cameron's Alien...

I must say you have high hopes there PDC friend.. Cameron fans will break your hopes and spirts first. Ive heard this before with Titanic vs T2 lol. And we all know what happened when so many haters kept yelling fern gully  in 2008 -2009 lol

Have you listened to both JP album and Avatars Scores... Avatar is clearly more spirtual. I guess I cant say

I one is better than the other from a  pure musical perspective, but to me the breakthrough Horner score help seal the deal to get Avatar miles above the rest in  terms of total  immersement in a jaw dropping world with everything else that the biggest gahuna of all time had going for it.

Musically speaking both scores are  incredible. Anyone that says HOrners music in Avatar and titanic arent up there with the best scores of all time..Your taste is very  very different :) lol

Titanic is one of the best scores of all time. Avatar? Not even remotely in the same universe. 

For the record, Avatar didn't make 700 million and 2 billion because of visuals.  That's some revisionist history right there.  Just like Titanic didn't make 1.8 billion just because of teenage girls.  When you have a film that has a 10 fucking multiplier, it obviously spoke to people and they came to see it because they enjoyed it and it resonated with them.  You don't have to like it but to pigeon hole it as just a visual feast is complete and utter BS.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 7

There's an argument to be made that JP is Williams' best score, IMO. He had some great themes elsewhere, but it's an amazingly complete package.

You do know his score is not all original.. myself and others and I believe Baumer man have pointed out Willams stole from our Indy lol for alot

of the JP breakthrough music. Avatar and Horners score sound very very original. :)

Titanic is one of the best scores of all time. Avatar? Not even remotely in the same universe. 

Agreed on Titanic. Same guy Noctis.. Go listen to all of the Avatar score... Everyone Ive told to listen to it said the shit is off the chain, from the jungle upbeats to magical way they use instruments and relay danger and Home tree.... Its incredible!! Horner is the man!!

You do know his score is not all original.. myself and others and I believe Baumer man have pointed out Willams stole from our Indy lol for alot

of the JP breakthrough music. Avatar and Horners score sound very very original. :)

Avatar's score is original? Dare I recall the big red dragon-monster thing flying while the theme from Titanic played...

Yep no doubt about JP was the first of the OS behemoths , but what JP world is doing is showing us how much love there is for JP

OS . And markets are 200-400+ percent bigger OS than avatar had... Watch when we see 400-550M in one territory how everyone is going to faint in 2017.  I Love JP World. I love JP even more, but comparing it to a Avatar is ludcrious. Its a great popcorn flick, not a movie that

gets into your soul and memorizes the mind. Its what Lord Cameron does best.

Oh and what do you all think OS for JP W 1.1B? or will it be 1.09B?

OS for JW? Under a billion. Possibly under AoU, actually. We'll have to see how it goes.

(As far as comparisons, I don't find them particularly useful here. Avatar and JW are using very different toolsets to engage the audience. JW is playing up the nostalgia to the nth degree, Avatar was about presenting a new experience.)

Most people who know me already know this but for the record:

Cameron:  

Aliens: 10/10

T2: 10/10

Titanic: 10/10

Terminator: 10/10

True Lies: 9.5/10

Abyss: 8/10

Spielberg:

Jaws:  11/10

Raiders:  10.5/10

ET:  10.5/10

There are too many to name with Spielberg.

Nice Im shocked you didnt you put Indy 3 over Raiders. You know I think they achieved a better with Crusade. Its close Baumer buddy!!

Agreed on Titanic. Same guy Noctis.. Go listen to all of the Avatar score... Everyone Ive told to listen to it said the shit is off the chain, from the jungle upbeats to magical way they use instruments and relay danger and Home tree.... Its incredible!! Horner is the man!!

Your grammar gives me a headache.

• Like 1

Wasn't their people so distraught that Pandora wasn't a real place that they took their own lives? I swear I thought I read that somewhere.

Yep alot of asians, Indians and some  north americans were on suicide watch.. Just freaking crazy how this film impacted us all, but some folks they went bat shit crazy lol

• Like 1

There's so many Spielberg films to love Kal and I didn't want to high jack the thread with my grades, but if you must:

Crusade:  9.5/10

Temple:  9/10

Schindler's List:  10/10

SPR:  9.5/10

Close Encounters:  9/10

Catch Me If you Can:  9.5/10

The Terminal:  9/10

War of the Worlds:  9/10 (would have been a ten if not for the ridiculous ending)

Yep alot of asians, Indians and some  north americans were on suicide watch.. Just freaking crazy how this film impacted us all, but some folks they went bat shit crazy lol

Talk about bat shit crazy:

Ivar Hill, a 17-year-old fan from Sweden, wrote on a similar site: “When I woke up this morning after watching Avatar for the first time yesterday, the world seemed grey. It was like my whole life, everything I’ve done and worked for, lost its meaning … It just seems so meaningless. I still don’t really see any reason to keep doing things at all. I live in a dying world.”
  :huh: