#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Exactly right. The gap back then between home entertainment and theatrical presentation was off the charts. Nowadays if I can't see a big movie in RPX I feel ripped off. Charge me $10 for a 20 foot screen. My HDTV is big enough and doesn't have screaming kids or texting/talking adults and teenagers.

Not to mention buying a movie on VHS was expensive. The movies we had on VHS were ones recorded from the TV (okay and a couple bootlegged copies of movies). I grew up in the UK, and it could take years before a movie was release on home video. It was just a completely different time. Now movies are available for download within months, and more importantly they are guaranteed to be released for streaming, bluray, etc., within six months (tops). The first movie I saw in the theatre was ET. I think it took ET more than 20 years before it was released for home video.

I try not to hand out my A's like candy, Mr. Jurassic World. :angry:

I admit I love almost everything  :ph34r: Jurassic World  :wub: Almost saw it a second time when my parents went to see it but I almost half dead and really needed to sleep on that night. 

Well I'm gonna ditch y'all for a little bit and read a book or something, hope to see some numbers when I come back

You are gonna ditch us for a BOOK?!

MEDIOCRE

• Like 2

Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith- 5. Attack of the Clones- 7. But I was a child, now I am lukewarm about all of them.

Recently I saw Birdman twice in theaters? That's about it. Will see Inside Out a second time and might catch MMFR again though.

Not to mention buying a movie on VHS was expensive. The movies we had on VHS were ones recorded from the TV (okay and a couple bootlegged copies of movies). I grew up in the UK, and it could take years before a movie was release on home video. It was just a completely different time. Now movies are available for download within months, and more importantly they are guaranteed to be released for streaming, bluray, etc., within six months (tops). The first movie I saw in the theatre was ET. I think it took ET more than 20 years before it was released for home video.

Yep good point on the prices. The one thing I do miss from the VHS era is how easy it was to record stuff from TV. DVR is easy to use but you run out of space pretty quick unless you are lucky enough to have one of those DVR's that holds a terabyte or more. VHS allowed you to own whatever it was (TV show or movie or sports event) without having to worry about whether you would need to delete other stuff from DVR, etc.

Nope.

Nov 8th, Nov 15th, Nov 28th, Dec 13th, Dec 31st.

Ticket stub receipts can be provided if necessary.

For an ex-Nolanite, five viewings of Interstellar in the theater ain't bad. It's still not as good as ten though. 

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 1

For an ex-Nolanite, five viewings of Interstellar in the theater ain't bad. It's still not as good as ten though. 

He is not what he used to be.

Nolan deserved the A- Mr Pink! Deep inside, you know it!

E.T came out on VHS to own in the UK in 1988 I believe. I remember as I had it for my birthday and recall all the huge hype over it coming to video. It's my favourite movie so was quite the event being able to take it home.

There was something magical about the big movies coming out to own when the window was much wider between theatrical and home release. Even by 1993 Jurassic Park didn't come to VHS for 16 months!

Pretty sure i've only ever seen a film up to 3x in theaters. Mostly just cause that's about as much as I could find people to agree to come with me

Watching a movie alone is glorious. I do it all the time.

• Like 1