#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

How someone can watch the same movie 5 times in a little over a weak perplexes me.

With the way they schedule the biggest screens these days, you better watch it as much as possible as quickly as possible or the next time you go the thing will be playing on a tiny screen.

That's one thing I wish Hollywood could change. In general it would be nice if all the screens were bigger, but also bigger gaps between releases. Last year during the summer it seemed like there was a big movie taking the IMAX and Premium Large Format screens just about every week.

5 times Guys?? Really??? Not overkill here.. I'm sure the movie is highly entertaining and all, but hell, as much as I loved TA and AOU, I only saw them 2 times.. Shit isn't cheap either.. Gotta work and pay the bills you know.. :popcorn:

When you have 1,000 extra dollars per month to spend on whatever you can afford to do that. I'm living at the theater this summer lol.

With the way they schedule the biggest screens these days, you better watch it as much as possible as quickly as possible or the next time you go the thing will be playing on a tiny screen.

That's one thing I wish Hollywood could change. In general it would be nice if all the screens were bigger, but also bigger gaps between releases. Last year during the summer it seemed like there was a big movie taking the IMAX and Premium Large Format screens just about every week.

we have a three dollar theater down the street. So, that is only 15 dollars...... 

JUST SAYIN

But you must understand that someone would mistake an obscure word for a racial slur. Especially if the derogatory term affects them and not you.

That is fair enough. However, yelling "racism" is not a constructive way to deal with the situation. Some thoughtful discussion between both parties would be constructive and an effective way to quickly solve the issue.

In today's climate, I understand many (in the media or elsewhere) are just looking to score political points or see things solely in extremes, but all that does is trivialize and complicate things. (Note: I am not saying the offended people were intending to do this.)

• Like 4

Sure it does.. Nostalgia plus the Mossaur and Chris Pratt.. It's family friendly while maintaining good violence in it with people being munched.. What more could you ask for and please, spare me the whole "Better dialogue and characterization" crap.. You're there for Dinosaurs and people in great danger in the process.. The recipe for the perfect summer blockbuster.. Fuck AVATAR..

I could see a 400M run for the film. 500M would be extraordinary. For it to become the 2nd biggest grossing film DOM of all time. That's damn near unexplainable IMO.

How someone can watch the same movie 5 times in a little over a weak perplexes me.

Ethan, we're adults...we're not limited to the allowance our parents give us for doing household chores like you.

Edited by Bishop54
  • Like 2

Ethan, we're adults...we're not limited to the allowance our parents give us for doing household chores.

How the hell do you have the time?

Plus I don't have an allowance

Edited by Ethan Hunt

I could see a 400M run for the film. 500M would be extraordinary. For it to become the 2nd biggest grossing film DOM of all time. That's damn near unexplainable IMO.

Crowd pleasing dino romp with the Jurassic Park brand behind it. JP1 adjusts with inflation to north of $750m with all of the extra juice in today's prices (3D, IMAX, premium large format, etc). Just gives perspective on how big the potential is for this particular franchise, though it is shocking that JP4 is going to end up selling around 80-85% of JP1's tickets.

• Like 1

I ask myself the same thing. The most I have seen the same movie in theaters is twice.

Oh I agree - I only watch new movies once in theaters - I know some people love to but I never understood paying to see a movie numerous times!!  I try to catch 1 movie a month - too expensive otherwise.

^ I was literally writing the same post as you just did. JW was gigantic back in the day, a different decade doesn't change its appeal.

And adjusting for ticket price inflation doesn't even necessarily give a real picture of just how big the fanbase is. There are a ton of people who love it that never saw the original in theaters, especially the kids who were too young or not even born at the time. Even so, it is shocking to see the third sequel doing this after JP2/JP3 dropped off so bad from the first one's box office.