It was too Entourage-y for my tastes, but the acting was pretty damn good, and it's compelling when it's not in trite "Girls! Cars! Money! Fame!" mode. It has potential, just needs to decide what kind of show it wants to be.

• Like 1

I watched half of the pilot after True Detective and changed the channel due to boredom. Even Dwayne Johnson seemed set on autopilot and completely devoid of his natural charisma, which is quite a remarkable feat on its own. HBO's Sunday line-up going from Game of Thrones (even with a heavily criticized season), Veep and Silicon Valley to a flawed-out-the-gate season 2 of True Detective, Ballers, and The Brink in the span of a week is kind of brutal.

Edited by filmlover

Isn't Wahlberg and exec producer on this?  That may be why it felt Entourage-y. :mellow:   I'll catch it On Demand.

He is. From what I saw, the pilot felt like a combo of Entourage with a poor man's The Wolf of Wall Street: Sports Edition.

i just watched all 3 episodes not bad , i like dwayne johnson in it plus i find it gives him more character dept than his roles in movies usually do but maybe that's just the nature of tv series you get to spend more time fleshing out people 

and yeah the entourage vibe is a tad boring but luckily its not the main dish , its more like we're seeing ari gold side of things instead of the boys !

i'll keep looking at it , its not too long at 30 mn !