fmpro

Blu-ray sales thread 2012

Correction: According to the numbers, DMC sold 9.5M DVDs in the first week alone!Even AWE sold 8.5M on DVD alone (and some on Blu-ray too)!So it will be very very tough for Avengers to break total sales record. I don't know if it will be even possible for any film in the future to break DMC's record.

• Like 1

Further search shows that according to Disney, DMC had sold 10.5 million DVDs. But if the figure is upto Sunday (normal tracking week) or upto Monday (first full week of sales) remains unclear.What's more, COTBP apparently sold 11M DVD+VHS in its first week! :oThis franchise is the undisputed king of Home Media.

Correction: According to the numbers, DMC sold 9.5M DVDs in the first week alone!Even AWE sold 8.5M on DVD alone (and some on Blu-ray too)!So it will be very very tough for Avengers to break total sales record. I don't know if it will be even possible for any film in the future to break DMC's record.

right now it's totaly changed climate for DVD and Blu-ray, golden times of DVD are gone............. :(Marek

I meant in the UK, but considering how Nolan's fans are skewing more BD than DVD these days it wouldn't be outside the realms of possibility that it takes over in the US as well. Does anyone recall what Inception's BD percentage was in 2010? Might give us a good indication of how high it could go.