fmpro

Blu-ray sales thread 2012

The problem with Titanic on BR is that there isn't really anything new imo to get people to buy it. It already looked great on DVD and the extras that came out for the SE DVD are pretty much the same as the ones that are on now.I'm a huge fan of the film but I won't be buying the BR unless it comes down a lot.

• Like 1

The problem with Titanic on BR is that there isn't really anything new imo to get people to buy it. It already looked great on DVD and the extras that came out for the SE DVD are pretty much the same as the ones that are on now.I'm a huge fan of the film but I won't be buying the BR unless it comes down a lot.

Its like how many copies of Titanic do I need? I bought the VHS when it came out in 1998, I then bought the DVD, then a SE DVD comes out and now they want me to buy the Blu-Ray.
  • Like 1

Its like how many copies of Titanic do I need? I bought the VHS when it came out in 1998, I then bought the DVD, then a SE DVD comes out and now they want me to buy the Blu-Ray.

Well, in a couple of years 4K will rise, and they will be selling 4K disks. It never ends.

if you're talking about the 2005 DVD yeah it looked great, but the original DVD of Titanic was abysmal. It wasn't even anamorphically enhanced

Their weekly numbers are revised 1-2 weeks later so it is pointless to save them. If you have money, you can subscribe to their service for correct historical numbers.I just go by the last time a movie has appeared in top-10, and then estimate numbers for later weeks based on the DVD sales and BR-DVD ratio.

The Dark Knight set the first-day Blu-ray sales record of 600,000 back in 2008.Avatar sold 1.2 million copies on Tuesday. By Thursday that number had climbed to 2.7 million, surpassing The Dark Knight's 18 month sales total of 2.5 million. And keep in mind that these are sales of thebare-bones edition. We still haven't seen the deluxe or 3D editions.