fmpro

Blu-ray sales thread 2012

:( overestimate it by a lot. :angry: Damn you, Disney, why the hell not report a number until now?

Fake said over 6M so this sucks. :angry: :angry: :angry: The-numbers haven't updated their charts either. This is getting ridiculous. Edited by druv10

The thing with The Avengers is that it doesn't have very good rewatching value. I saw it again in theaters a few weeks ago for the first time since the OW and was bored to death for 80% of the movie. It's definitely one of those movies that are more entertaining the first time around in theaters.

• Like 1

The thing with The Avengers is that it doesn't have very good rewatching value. I saw it again in theaters a few weeks ago for the first time since the OW and was bored to death for 80% of the movie. It's definitely one of those movies that are more entertaining the first time around in theaters.

For me it's the most overrated movie of the last 12 years!
  • Like 3

Are you kidding me? It has great rewatchability.

I agree. It was entertaining but didn't leave any impact on me at all, just another superhero movie. Don't care to see it again.
  • Like 1

I wish there was a dislike button
  • Like 1

Well for me what made the first viewing great was the action in the last hour and the Hulk moments. Watching it again, you already knew what the big exciting moments were and they weren't as cool or interesting anymore. Also, the first 1.5 hours of dialogue were even more boring the second time around. If I had to give a score for both viewings, it would be:

1st time: 8/10

2nd time: 6/10

Edited by iceroll

Looks like the estimates made here are quite a bit too high for The Avengers on blu-ray.

Check out this page, especially Bruce Ames' posts:

http://www.highdeffo...thread-263.html

Blu-ray did a 44% disc market share for the week, and $88 million. Ames says about 4 million blu-rays for TA, and 1.5 million DVDs.

Posted Image

Avengers had only 5 sales days in that "week", so maybe the next week will show a fairly strong hold.

:rofl:

Who's puny now?

Disagree. Went back and saw it Labor Day weekend and was still just as fun for me.

Top 20 Selling Blu-ray Discs for the Week Ended 10/07/12
Rank Title Studio Index*
1 The Avengers Disney/Marvel 100.00
2 Cinderella Disney 97.75
3 Dark Shadows Warner 30.30
4 Snow White and the Huntsman Universal 4.65
5 The Hunger Games Lionsgate 3.74
6 Batman: The Dark Knight Returns — Part 1 Warner 3.639
7 Bond 50: Celebrating Five Decades of Bond 007 Fox 2.765
8 Battleship Universal 2.59
9 Thor Paramount/Marvel 2.44
10 Captain America: The First Avenger Paramount/Marvel 2.38
11 Iron Man 2 Paramount/Marvel 2.14
12 The Incredible Hulk Universal/Marvel 2.02
13 The Cabin in the Woods Lionsgate 1.98
14 Titanic Paramount 1.95
15 The Lorax Universal 1.942
16 Downton Abbey: Seasons One & Two PBS 1.812
17 People Like Us Disney/DreamWorks 1.74
18 Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures Paramount 1.64
19 Resident Evil: Damnation Sony Pictures 1.48
20 Red Lights Millennium 1.43

I'm not even a TA fan, I view it as another good but not great SH movie, but I fail to understand how a 620m grosser could have no good rewatching value? For certain people maybe, but for the general public it MUST have had great rewatchability. Edited by vc2002

Looks like the estimates made here are quite a bit too high for The Avengers on blu-ray.

Check out this page, especially Bruce Ames' posts:

http://www.highdefforum.com/high-definition-media/131711-optical-blu-ray-dvd-digital-est-uv-sales-thread-263.html

Blu-ray did a 44% disc market share for the week, and $88 million. Ames says about 4 million blu-rays for TA, and 1.5 million DVDs.

Posted Image

Avengers had only 5 sales days in that "week", so maybe the next week will show a fairly strong hold.

This analysis covers Sun-Sat sales, while the normal reporting week is Mon-Sun. For example, this chart is counting sales upto 29/9, but the sales of 30/9 will be included in the final number we get, and it being Sunday, is usually the biggest day of the week.

Also, the number I gave earlier was based on 'First Alert' and it does go up or down significantly with actuals, but I am still confident that the final number will be AT LEAST 5 million.

This analysis covers Sun-Sat sales, while the normal reporting week is Mon-Sun. For example, this chart is counting sales upto 29/9, but the sales of 30/9 will be included in the final number we get, and it being Sunday, is usually the biggest day of the week.Also, the number I gave earlier was based on 'First Alert' and it does go up or down significantly with actuals, but I am still confident that the final number will be AT LEAST 5 million.

Any idea on last week's numbers?